About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Moving to Period 8

Dear Cecil:
In a recent article in a magazine, I read that it would be good for period 7 houses whose front doors were located in the north-east sector to change to period 8, because the good chi of the 7 period house would be soon getting exhausted as we enter period 8.It said that it meant some changes in roof and flooring. My question is how big must this change be.I read in an article of yours that it has to be a 30% percent of the total area.I'm planning to enlarge my house by building a new kitchen ( about 7sqmetres approx.)and the present dimension is 52 sq meters. Would that be enough?
thanks a lot for your help

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,
In Feng Shui, if one literally lifts off the roof; this is symbolic of a `major' renovation and qualifies for a change of period.
Symbollically, it implies that if one repaints the entire ceiling of the house at one go, this should change to period 8.
In my opinion, rebuilding your kitchen especially removing the stove and refitting the kitchen can qualify for a change to period 8. But often, the influence would come not immediately but say, 8 or 9 months after the renovation.
For renovating your kitchen:
1. Please be careful NOT to renovate at compass direction 210 degrees this year. - South South-West (Location of Grand Duke of Jupiter). Else this brings several years of bad luck.
Alternatively, it is not ideal to renovate directly opposite this location i.e say at 30 degrees North.
2. It is best to choose an auspicious date to start renovations i.e. in particular the removal of the stove. And also best to find a suitable date to place it back. (It is good to do so i.e. better safe then sorry).
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 4/18/2003 8:59:17 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Cecil:
In a recent article in a
magazine, I read that it would
be good for period 7 houses
whose front doors were located
in the north-east sector to
change to period 8, because
the good chi of the 7 period
house would be soon getting