About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

From Period 7 house to a period 8 house

myfs_93719

I am new here but i would like to know if you could tell me what we are planning to do to our house would make it a period 8 house. My kua is 4 and my husband's is 9.
WE are building a period 7 house, facing S1, sitting N1. We would like to make it period 8 and for this we are thinking of replacing our floors on SW(kitchen) and W sector (formal living dining and S2(part of the entry way) and also replacing our kitchen countertops with granite. We are also thinking of myabe painting the ceilings on some part of the house.
Will this be enough to change the period of our house? Changing the roof is out of the question since this house is just being built as we speak.
Thank you so much for your help in advance.
reyla

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Reyla,
1. It is commonly accepted fact that if one paints the entire ceiling of a home in: in `one-go', this is symbolic of `removing' the roof.
2. Here - when `any roof' is said to be removed from a house (in full); it is like changing the birth chart of a home.
3. If the above is done, we do not need to worry, to what extent it is considered as a `major renovation'.
4. But do take note that we should take note of the start of 2004 is BASED on LUNAR calendar and not the western calendar.
5. For example in 2004, 22 January is the first day of the Chinese Lunar New Year.
6. If you renovate many times prior to this date; for example: if your renovations are done on or between 1 January 2004 to 21 January 2004, this duration still belongs to Period 6.
7. Of course, it is not advisable to start renovations immediately on 22 January 2004, since this is the first day of Chinese Lunar New Year.
8. It is good also to understand that the "lowest common denominator" or LCM in the Chinese system revolves around the Lunar calendar. If one looks at various `systems' adopted e.g. Pillars of Destiny (4 Pillars) etc... this is one of the rationale why - we must compare apples with apples. Contrast this to using the Hsia or Xia Li seasonal calendar used by many English speaking websites, today.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 6/18/2003 12:36:30 AM, Anonymous wrote:
I am new here but i would like
to know if you could tell me
what we are planning to do to
our house would make it a
period 8 house. My kua is 4
and my husband's is 9.
WE are building a period 7
house, facing S1, sitting N1.
We would like to make it
period 8 and for this we are
thinking of replacing our
floors on SW(kitchen) and W
sector (formal living dining
and S2(part of the entry way)
and also replacing our kitchen
countertops with granite. We
are also thinking of myabe
painting the ceilings on some
part of the house.
Will this be enough to change
the period of our house?
Changing the roof is out of
the question since this house
is just being built as we
speak.
Thank you so much for your
help in advance.
reyla

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. Follow up question is, When you say paint the ceiling in one go, what does it mean exactly? Do we have to paint it over a continuous succession of days without breaks in between until it's finished? I would truly appreciate you clearing this up for us.

• Staff

Dear Reyla,
Oh so sorry, what I meant was that the repainting should be done at one-go.
This is symbolic of removing the roof of a home at one-go.
Therefore, choose a date to start this process. For example, one can seek temporary shelter e.g. move-in with a relative or stay at a hotel for a few days or week; depending on the work required and contract with the painter; one need not worry how long it takes, here.
Painting should take a reasonable time (more for your convenience). It does not mean here, that one must paint the ceiling a few times! But rather at one-go after 2004 lunar new year.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 6/19/2003 2:57:20 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Thank you very much for your
prompt reply. Follow up
question is, When you say
paint the ceiling in one go,
what does it mean exactly? Do
we have to paint it over a
continuous succession of days
without breaks in between
until it's finished? I would