The Yardley @ Serangoon

• Staff

Development: The Yardley Condominium
Developer: MCL Land (Serangoon) Pte Ltd
Tenure: Estate in Fee Simple
Expected TOP: Dec 2008
Units: 55 units
URL:
http://www.mclland.com.sg/property/dreamhomes/theyardley/theyardley_siteplan.asp
In my opinion, if you can try to AVOID or touching Unit 03:-
1. This is because, the entire block is `L' shaped.
2. Often, the worst qi flow is located at the middle i.e. Unit 03.
3. In addition, Unit 03 seems `worse' than this since it is `sunken in' and often, this is an `entrapped' unit. Especially since Unit 03 and 04 has a small rectangular void that does not go well with beneficial qi flow.
4. Therefore, personally, I do not quite like Unit 03 nor 04 also.
5. The only distinct advantage of this development is that it is close to the Serangoon MRT. And we can see why, the developer has capitalised on the launch ... perhaps to coincide with the recent opening of the North-East MRT line.
6. Often, where possible, (especially for a landed property); where possible, avoid building an `L' shaped building.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Further to what I had mentioned, if one looks at the compass marking on the site map:-
http://www.mclland.com.sg/property/dreamhomes/theyardley/theyardley_siteplan.asp
I personally do not like many of the units here since many of the units (in my opinion) will be bathed with morning to noon East sunlight and in the evening many of the walls will also be bathed by the West (afternoon sun). Sometimes, the heat can still be retained up to 7 or 8 pm in the evening. (No issue if or should rooms be exposed to afternoon sun - and one can afford airconditioning...then, that's fine!)
In particular, Units 04 and 05 are considered as `hot' homes since it will be perpetually be hot both in the morning and at night. Unit 03 will also be vulnerable to the afternoon sun.
Under this general Shapes and Form guidelines, better homes are often North-South facing.
In your search for a home; please always consider what I had mentioned above. And not just only because the house is `suitable' to you. This is beside, the point or secondary to above.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil