About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Sunglade Condo

Hi Cecil,
I'm thinking of buying a 3 bedroom unit in Sunglade, pls advise is this in a good site.
I am also open to Regentville, Casa Rosa, Amaranda Garden, etc. in Serangoon/Hougang area, as we are thinking of registering our elder son in Rosyth school in 2005 (as my husband is an old boy, we are entitled to priority).
We are not in a hurry, as long as we are able to move there just in time for my son to study in Pri 1 in 2005.
Is it advisable to buy 3 room 99 condo or 2 room freehold/999 ones? - for your info, we have 2 sons ages 5 and 3.
Thanking you in advance for your advice.
Anon

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Corrine,
1. The Dragon and the Pearl.
1.1 If we take a close look at many temple roofs, we can often see two sets of dragon `chasing' after the pearl in the middle.
1.2 In the picture resources, in fact, I have taken quite alot of such photos. Here, we often notice two dragons on the temple roof facing each other. At the middle is the `pearl'.
1.3 Mass Rapid Transit Trains and Train stations
1.4 In Shapes and Forms Feng Shui, we can imagine that these trains are the equvalent of the dragons. The dragons that move on the MRT track.
1.5 In fact, there are always dragons that move in opposite directions much like the dragons on the temple roof (facing each other in opposite directions).
1.6 Now, imagine the each MRT station is the equivalent of a `Pearl' (wealth).
1.7 In Singapore, MRT trains were often built around density (hub) such as existing estates like Bedok, Clementi etc...
1.8 The empty land facing Sunglade condo (although) smaller but nevertheless, seems to `mimic the Tampines Central of the `past'. Where, prior to the MRT station, activities centred closer to Tampines South.
1.9 Thus, Sunglade condo, developed by Capital Land is worth considering. In fact, should have been considered earlier. As if I am not correct, sold out already or very few units left.
2.0 Here, the test is to follow the instincts of many Singaporeans. Often, the better sites are where even before TOP, all units are sold out. (Whether the first owner put it up for sale is a different question).
2.1 Sunglade condo
2.2 This is not really based on Feng Shui. But, my first impression ain't good. This is because, in order for me to drive up to the guard room, there is no slip road but one is met with a divider from the opposite side of the road i.e. (Serangoon Ave 2).
URL streetdirectory location for this Sunglade condo:-
http://www.streetdirectory.com.sg:8080/map.jsp?x=32203.42&y=36764.28&star=1&xyfile=&level=7&heading=238A+SERANGOON+AVENUE+2+%28551238%29&oldX=31927.14&oldY=37334.18&postal=551238&Click+Any+Point+To+Centralise+Map.x=198&Click+Any+Point+To+Centralise+Map.y=168
I had to frequently, make an illegal U-turn at the traffic light (traffic flowing into the major Upper Serangoon Road). If there are traffic police personnel reading this, erh... plse hand-cuff me! I am truly guilty!
Anyway, sorry for the side-track. I felt that the developer should have the sense of urgency to write in to Land Transport Authority to remove the physical barrier for this road. This is easily correctable.
3. What I really, (really) like about Sunglade is that it is truly a short distance from the Seragooon central MRT station.
4. Most probably, the empty land opposite the development facing Serangoon Ave 2, will eventually be built up. During the built up, of course there will be day-time noise.
5. Those unit facing Serangoon Ave 2, may eventually, have their views blocked.
6. And those facing this road has to be-careful since there is a slop i.e. traffic turning from Upper Serangoon Road (to the left) into Serangoon Ave 2. This Serangoon Ave 2, road slopes right thru parts of units facing Serangoon Ave 2 towards the main guard room.
7. This is not Feng Shui, but like many other condos, the road leading towards the guard room is short. (But I find this is minor.
8. Like many other condos, future saleability or liquidity of the property depends on macro - e.g. very good advantage of less than 5 minutes walk to the MRT station. In addition, each unit in a development is also important. As I mentioned: Location, location and here, internal location of the unit vis-a-vis the development.
9. Under the Five elements concept: Sunglade is considered an `earth' element i.e. this is because of the flat roof (although the colour is partial yellow - this can still be changed in the future). But no matter what, it is an earth building. A developer who decides to build next to this development, should harmonize their building by adding either:
wood, fire element or go for metal and water building.
For example if the building is a metal and water building: the building should be e.g. white with blue/grey colours.
I will cover the other condos you had mentioned in another message.
More importantly, buying a home is about being able to service the loan and (quickly) or as fast as possible owning it. Bankers may not like me. This is because, the more one drags on, we end up paying quite a tidy sum even if the loan percentage is low. This is still money.
Equally important is that in any emergency, we can at least convert our home into `liquidity'. If we bought a home that cannot be sold, we will end up as a `prisoner' of our home.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 7/10/2003 3:17:49 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Hi Cecil,
I'm thinking of buying a 3
bedroom unit in Sunglade, pls
advise is this in a good site.
I am also open to Regentville,
Casa Rosa, Amaranda Garden,
etc. in Serangoon/Hougang
area, as we are thinking of
registering our elder son in
Rosyth school in 2005 (as my
husband is an old boy, we are
entitled to priority).
We are not in a hurry, as long
as we are able to move there
just in time for my son to
study in Pri 1 in 2005.
Is it advisable to buy 3 room
99 condo or 2 room
freehold/999 ones? - for your
info, we have 2 sons ages 5
and 3.
Thanking you in advance for
your advice.
Anon

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

Amaranda Gardens Condominium
Developer: Keppel land
Tenure : Freehold
Total number of Units : 189
Expected TOP Date : Dec 2005
URL of Keppel Land:
http://www.keppelland.com.sg/Residential/amaranda.htm
The URL for Amaranda Gardens Condo:
http://www.keppelland.com.sg/Residential/amaranda.htm
Here are my personal comments:
1. If one looks carefully at the profile of this development, it looks like a "hammer" with a handle. And in my opinion, this is considered auspicious.
Feel free to view the perspective:-
http://www.amarandagardens.com.sg/perspective.asp
2. I personally like the three point blocks as this allows for proper qi flow for each of the three blocks.
3. In addition, it is good to be exclusive since there are only 189 units as compared to some mega / HDB density condominiums. For one; I dislike the NTUC Choice homes "Rivervale Crest" (that I had reviewed previously under this conference). Do a search for RIVERVALE.
4. Close proximity to Serangoon Central MRT. This perhaps accounts for what I personally feel is a premium to pay on average $630 p.s.f .
5. Often, even if it is a freehold property, I strongly believe that even if we need to convert it to liquidity, we normally may not make a loss, neither do we be able to make a `huge profit.' Perhaps, we can still get $650 premium 20 years down the road.
6. In Singapore, freehold property is like a double-jeapordy.
7. For example, it is much like purchasing a BMW car. And later trying to sell it. Two years later, we would like to sell it close to the close to 30 percent depreciation.
7.1 (Assuming that the first year depreciation is 20 percent and every subsequent years it is 10 percent).
7.2 Even if we want to sell close to this amount; many who could afford to buy a BMW would definitely buy a new one! And those who are eyeing this second-hand one will not want to pay more for it!
7.3 Here, the more expensive the property; given that it is not in the most safest locations like district 10 or district 14 or 15. (Where formerly district 10 is at Bukit Timah and districts 14 to 15 is at East Coast/Katong).
7.4 Perhaps, say in the next 10 to 15 years; and as you had mentioned, good schools are here to stay, then this is fine. Let's hope that good schools continue to be here. Much like Bishan.
8. Another good bet is better roads (Serangoon is now getting better roads/highway). As in the past, the notorious Upper Serangoon/Eunos / Paya Lebar and downstream such as Towner/Jalan Besar/Serangoon Roads often is congested.
9. In my opinion, I just looked at sample units and I do not really like Type A's : A1, A2's ' C2's and more ... as the back/utility/service balcony toilet is often very close to the main entrance of the house. What a pity!
If you have the time, do take alook at this small condo. Which has just TOP recently:-
Sunsine Apartments (Walking distance to St Gabriels.) But may not qualify for Rosyth School.)
http://www.streetdirectory.com.sg:8080/map.jsp?x=32300.027&y=36484.836&star=1&xyfile=&level=7&heading=32+SERANGOON+AVENUE+1+%28556151%29&oldX=32891.59&oldY=36514.09&postal=556151&Click+Any+Point+To+Centralise+Map.x=202&Click+Any+Point+To+Centralise+Map.y=177
Warmest Regards,
Cecil
P.S. Please note that all comments are my opinion only. And, I will not be held responsible for my views. It is always prudent to bring the entire family to view the place. Discuss with each other. Check one's financial budget / seek advise from a financial planner.
My emphasis is always " CAVEAT EMPTOR " Let the buyer beware!

• Staff

Cosa Rosa Condominium
Developer: Tiong Aik Investments Pte Ltd
Tenure: 99 years
TOP: was in 2001. Nearly 3 years old
Total Units: 96 units consisting of 3 bedroom type of apartments with approximately 100 to 210 sq metres or around 1,100 to 1,400 sq feet.
On average, price per sq. foot is around $500 to $560.
Location Map: http://www.streetdirectory.com.sg:8080/map.jsp?x=33074.15&y=36482.3&star=1&xyfile=&level=7&heading=11+LORONG+ONG+LYE+%28536441%29&oldX=33171.66&oldY=36672.99&postal=536441&Click+Any+Point+To+Centralise+Map.x=251&Click+Any+Point+To+Centralise+Map.y=185
In my opinion, the most valued apartments are the top floors (4th level).
Based on past precedents; if this is a freehold property, it may have some exceptional value after 30 to 40 years. Since, often, in the future, such developments can go to enblock sale. But unfortunately, this is only a 99 year lease location.
One distinct advantage of this 99 year lease condo is that it is not more than 4 storeys high.
However, please take note that for 4 storey high apartments, it is very important that THEY MUST HAVE LIFTS!
Often, many future potential buyers will see this (NO LIFTs) as a liability.
For example, in Yio Chu Kang area, Far Horizon Gardens condo (developed by Far East) has certain blocks that are only 4 storey high! And without an elevator/lift.
Even in the popular east coast of Katong, some four storey high condos are not popular just because it does not have a lift. Take for example, some of the condos at St. Patricks' Road:-
http://www.streetdirectory.com.sg:8080/map.jsp?x=36942.895&y=32218.59&star=1&xyfile=&level=7&heading=1+ST.+PATRICK%27S+ROAD+%28424115%29&oldX=36509.51&oldY=32218.59&postal=424115&Click+Any+Point+To+Centralise+Map.x=367&Click+Any+Point+To+Centralise+Map.y=153
For investments, locations like Nassim Hill area has some 4 storey apartments. One built by CDL i.e. Nassim Park. (4 storey, Swiss cottage design). That provides lifts for all units. This is very popular with expartiates (rental income). Since it is near to Orchard Road, Embassies etc...
So far, at the present moment, it is very difficult to earn revenue from rental at this area - other than perhaps, Serangoon Gardens. But still quite a risk, here. Unlike: Holland Road, Bukit Timah or River valley area.
Singaporeans are a pampered lot! And, as recent as several years back, certain banks can receive complaints from clients that because of the bank pulling out certain ATM machines; an alternative machine that is just 200 metres away is simply too far:(
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

• Staff

Regent Ville Condo
Developer: Serenity Properties Pte Ltd (A member of Far East Organisation)
Tenure: 99 years
TOP: in 1999 or close to 4 years old.
Total units: 580 units comprising 2 and 3 room apartments.
Can be considered as having full condo facilities.
URL:
http://www.streetdirectory.com.sg:8080/map.jsp?x=32963.633&y=39614.0&level=7&postal=538687&star=1&xyfile=&oldX=32915.96&oldY=39570.66&heading=10+HOUGANG+STREET+92%2C+REGENTVILLE+%28538687%29
Here are my comments:
1. I am always amazed by it's current "worth". For example for a 99 year old apartment it's selling price is/was around $500 (1st storey) to $600 p.s.f. This price is unfortunately, before the opening of the North-East MRT.
2. A distinct parallel can be drawn with Lagua Park HUDC apatments that was built around the mid 1970's. This development of 500 units (and next to it - the 500 units of Lagua View) - remains popular from 1970's to 1998.
3. Here, one explanation for resale at this location is that some children who grew up there; bought a unit there, because they grew up in these flats. Some have bought a unit at market value just to stay close to their families.
4. My reasoning is that this is one of the driving force for purchasing a 99 year lease property. Even if, logic prevails that if the development comes close to 60 years remaining; banks normally do not like giving loans or even reduce it dramatically.
5. Thus, in my opinion, for the next 15 to even 20 years of the life of Regentville, it can still be sellable. But anything after this, would have to appeal to sentimental people who wants to stay close to their parents. Or HDB upgraders who like to stay in this area.
6. Given that Hougang is predominantly more of Chinese location; where Chinese is the majority race in Singapore, the purchasing power is there.
7. Currently, because of what I perceive as wage disparity, majority of other race e.g. Malays, would prefer to live in areas like Bedok, Eunos. While, Indian community is the smallest and spread out.
8. I am no racist, but currently, in my opinion, the Chinese (majority) has the highest purchasing /spending power; condos located in `Chinese' favoured locations will continue to be relatively `risk' free.
9. Another advantage is for a family i.e. both breadwinners are in their 30s. Here, usually, this group often own a car. And, this type of location suits them. Because, it is close to the CTE and SLE.
10. The only pity, is that units facing the Yio Chu Kang road, will become more and more noisy - in no part thanks to the continous development of HDB flats. First, at Bangkok, now at Fernvale (Jalan Kayu) and Sengkang East/West.
11. For example, in the past; the East/West connection of CTE via slip road Ang Mo Kio Ave 5 has relatively low traffic. Same for the slip road from Ang Mo Kio Ave 3 to Yio Chu Kang road etc...
12. What I like about this site is that it is in walking distance of Hougang Point - a small, mall. So far, the NTUC (National Trade Union Congress) Supermarket plus BEST electrical is there. The most important, is that this NTUC supermarket is very spacious - unlike many others. For the food court - Compass Point or even Rivermall Mall is much better:(
13. Given that many new 99 year condos have lower p.s.f; paying the current $600 p.s.f is in my opinion, at the high end. Since many new 99 year condos are priced around the $400 p.s.f. mark.
14. Paying close to $600 would mean that if one wants to convert this property into liquidity in a hurry; one expects to lose around close to $50K to $100K or more!
15. Nevertheless, as I had mentioned; one can still take a risk in this development.
16. In the past and in my opinion, I have often heard the `poor quality' of Far East organisations development such as leaks and workmanship problems. Perhaps, psychologically, I never liked staying at Far East Organisation's development. This is my personal preference view point only. Call it " my premature evaluation ".
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

• 17 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Staff

How can we help you today?

Comprehensive Home Package [A.]: On-site or [B.]: Off-site for HDB / Condo / EC & Landed Properties for New/Re-Sale House or facing financial/ marriage/ relationship/ health issues

Do you offer a 1 visit On-site audit? How much?

" As much as we see, Geomancy.net has great web presence built up over the years and is seen as one of the SG market leaders in residential house audit. "

Success starts with good Feng Shui

367287073_HEALTHWEALTHANDHAPPINESS50.png.03992f40f00dc4cd5e9453963bf0fa6c.png
Transparent Pricing & No Hidden Costs. No Purchase of Products.

WHATSAPPx.gif.933b1f171b62310142ae17b5501fc685.gif Cecil Lee, +65 9785-3171 / support@geomancy.net

1861277562_UNDERSTANDINGMICRO.png.891959f03ef51f98ac6911212f3b30ed.png

House Hunting? We will help you select the most auspicious unit!
Learn More
696681019_geoamncysgicon.png.fb8c9b974fb87d32583cae8b9c22b372.png

The Experts in House Hunting