About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Power of Colours

myfs_92506

Dear Cecil/Robert,
I was advised by an online feng shui consultant to repaint the inside of my house and to choose the correct colours for curtain and wall if I wish to enhance my luck in getting a job, harmony at home, etc. The colours would also enhance my daughter's concentration in her studies as lately she's rather lethargic and she has no interests to socialize which is rather unusual for her age. She's a lovely, young lady. Such renovations are quite expensive so before I start to do the task, I would like to have a second opinion from you. Do colours have that much power to enhance my luck, marriage, etc.
Your prompt reply would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Lynda

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Lynda,
1. Application of Feng Shui is "holistic" and often, the key success has to do with:
1.1. External environment.
1.2. The site, the location and building.
1.3. The interior of the home.
2. Often, if Para 1 is very bad e.g. like the recent case of a fly over passing so close to a home; other than I mentioned, making "friends" with Osama - to demolish it, there is nothing much one can do `magically' on this issue.
3. The modern Fly can be considered as the modern day sha qi of moving metal/noise pollution etc... And often, unfortunately, it creates an imbalance.
4. The site is equally important. I have highlighted many cases where, even if one hire, one, two or three FS practitioners to look into the home; it can be pretty useless if there are things like "penetrating sha qi".
4.1 For example, I mentioned of several case studies of Singapore Housing board flats that have `guns' pointed at them. These guns are like penetrating sha qi - which gives bursts of `problems' to the owners.
4.2 Under such a situation, whatever colour is painted inside the home, makes not much difference.
5. Unfortunately, the best resort is, -- in such cases -- move out A.S.A.P. (as soon as possible).
6. Only after considering whether there are such `primary threats' and also making sure that the interior of the home does not have sha qi, poison arrows and things like toilet at the frontage and at the centre-point etc...
7. If all these plus, other leaks are mended, then, under Feng Shui, it is correct to see if each room is harmonised to the sector e.g. Flying star and to the individual ba zi.
Therefore, I hope you can go thru the above. As I am not in a position to say for sure whether, in your specific case, the colour scheme etc... can work for you given that no two situations are alike.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 10/11/2003 5:29:19 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Cecil/Robert,
I was
advised by an online feng shui
consultant to repaint the
inside of my house and to
choose the correct colours for
curtain and wall if I wish to
enhance my luck in getting a
job, harmony at home, etc. The
colours would also enhance my
daughter's concentration in
her studies as lately she's
rather lethargic and she has
no interests to socialize
which is rather unusual for
her age. She's a lovely, young
lady. Such renovations are
quite expensive so before I
start to do the task, I would
like to have a second opinion
from you. Do colours have that
much power to enhance my luck,
marriage, etc.
Your prompt
reply would be greatly
appreciated.
Thank you.
Lynda

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

1. Further to what I mentioned, traditional Feng Shui practitioners do use colours but as mentioned in a holistic way.
2. This is where;
2.1. prior to colour, the placement of furniture, bed is looked into
2.2. external threats
2.3. flow of qi inside the home
2.4. many other shapes and forms and flying star feng shui is taken into consideration.
3. In addition, for a bedroom or home, not only the ba zi of the indiviual for each room or living/dining for breadwinner are taken into consideration;
4. The sectors should be harmonised to the Flying Star of each sector. Flying star can also be broken down into colour. For example, for a Period 7 home, often, the East sector has one or more #5 bad earth (yellow or dull yellow) and thus this colour is not favourable for this sector EVEN if the individual's ba zi favours such a colour tone.
5. More importantly, I also like to highlight that 9-Star Ki practitioners of the "Japanese style of Feng Shui" also predominatly use colour.
6. For example, if one `picks' up a Feng Shui book especially written by British authors, these authors often, have an inclination towards 9-star ki Feng Shui.
7. Predominantly, 9-star ki Feng Shui is very popular in both Japan and Britain.
8. And many of these British authors have written books with almost nearly 3 quarters of their book in all `shades' of interpretation of the use of colours especially related to Eight aspirations or Life associations.
9. The most serious fault lies more with the practitioner. For example, unfortunately, there are still Kindergarten type of Feng Shui practitioners.
9.1. For example, the easiest to `find fault' with one is to ask the rationale why the practitioner chose a certain colour.
And if the practitioner says:
" I choose blue for the north part of your home or pink for the south side. While I choose green for the east side".
Be careful of such a practitioner. Indeed, this is truly the kindergarten type of Feng Shui one should be worried about. If one's luck is out, one may just get such a "practitioner." Caveat Emptor! Let the buyer beware!
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

• Staff

1. In addition, since Feng Shui has much to do with the 5 elements concept, it is always prudent to get your practitioner to indicate what is you and your family's ba zi element.
2. Here, some are very general e.g. merely give us the Year of birth. Usually, this is insufficient.
3. The greatest thing to be careful about a practitioner is if he/she; suggests some physical object:
3.1 FS Practitioner: "You need a special painting for this wall. The practitioner will describe e.g. the specific calligraphy or a certain painting."
3.2 The client (victim): "Do you know where can I get such a painting?"
3.3 FS Practitioner: (Without blinking an eye, immediately says) "You can get it from my office."
3.4 (At the next location) FS Practitioner: "You need a special water feature. Here the FS practitioner describes a `unique' circular water feature that can increase wealth."
3.5 Again, the client (or victim) asks: "Do you know, where can I buy such an item?"
3.6 FS Practitioner: "You can also get this at my office".
Often, if one finds such going on; it is time to `scrap' the practitioner. As, it would imply that the practitioner is all about squeezing out more money out of us!
Does this sound familiar to some of us? Have one being conned this way?
The morale of the story: "CONFIRMED! A FOOL WILL ALWAYS DEPART WITH HIS/HER HARD EARNED MONEY!" Don't become this fool!
Let's scrap this talk! A FOOL IS ALWAYS A FOOL! WHAT CAN I SAY:(
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Dear Cecil,
Thanks for your prompt reply. But, unfortunately, I never got any notifications.
I'm aware that no two situations are alike. The online consultant has advised me and others the importance of colours and persisted that it's important to have the right colour. My email friend took his advice to repaint her house. Whilst repainting her house, she got very sick (and still is) and, of course, this consultant said that it's because the 'spirit' of the house or ghost is hindering her to enhance her feng shui. I was raised to believe that we are stronger than any ghosts. He claims that the ghost is also haunting him when he tried to help some people. He's irritated when I asked him how could the ghost in his client's house disturbs him when he's advising her via email/chat.
As for me, he advised to paint part of the walls pink and another colour for the rest of the house. My daughter dislikes the colour he suggested and it isn't my favourite colour either. Of course, my family and I discussed about it and my daughter said that if we wish to be happy, we shouldn't paint any colours which we don't like at all because looking at the colour we dislike would irritate us. This consultant insisted that it would be pointless for him to advise me or anyone else if people don't adhere to his advice.
Apart from repainting our entire house, he advised me to place tortoise, pi yao, crystal, etc in specific corners around the house to enhance the qi. He doesn't own a shop nor has he suggested where to buy those 'cure' items so his suggestion is purely to help me and others because he believes that the figurines have helped him to sleep well and has slowly enhanced his feng shui. Also, he said that to stop conflicts in my home is to place a bowl of still water in the most inconvenient place in the house. I told him that it's difficult to place the water and the 'cure' figurines like tortoise, etc, in the specific corners he suggested. Also, it would only clutter my place with the figurines or stuffed fabric tortoise, etc. I'm trying to find the leaks and not to empty my wallet. He suggested that I should, at least, try it out and see how it works. I can't paint my house to see how it works. If it doesn't work, I must repaint my house again. In the end, I would get sick in repainting my place.
Best Regards,
Lynda

On 10/14/2003 7:13:34 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Lynda,
1. Application of Feng Shui is
"holistic" and often, the key
success has to do with:
1.1. External environment.
1.2. The site, the location
and building.
1.3. The interior of the home.
2. Often, if Para 1 is very
bad e.g. like the recent case
of a fly over passing so close
to a home; other than I
mentioned, making "friends"
with Osama - to demolish it,
there is nothing much one can
do `magically' on this issue.
3. The modern Fly can be
considered as the modern day
sha qi of moving metal/noise
pollution etc... And often,
unfortunately, it creates an
imbalance.
4. The site is equally
important. I have highlighted
many cases where, even if one
hire, one, two or three FS
practitioners to look into the
home; it can be pretty useless
if there are things like
"penetrating sha qi".
4.1 For example, I mentioned
of several case studies of
Singapore Housing board flats
that have `guns' pointed at
them. These guns are like
penetrating sha qi - which
gives bursts of `problems' to
the owners.
4.2 Under such a situation,
whatever colour is painted
inside the home, makes not
much difference.
5. Unfortunately, the best
resort is, -- in such cases --
move out A.S.A.P. (as soon as
possible).
6. Only after considering
whether there are such
`primary threats' and also
making sure that the interior
of the home does not have sha
qi, poison arrows and things
like toilet at the frontage
and at the centre-point etc...
7. If all these plus, other
leaks are mended, then, under
Feng Shui, it is correct to
see if each room is harmonised
to the sector e.g. Flying star
and to the individual ba zi.
Therefore, I hope you can go
thru the above. As I am not in
a position to say for sure
whether, in your specific
case, the colour scheme etc...
can work for you given that no
two situations are alike.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 10/11/2003 5:29:19 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Cecil/Robert,

I was
advised by an online feng shui
consultant to repaint the
inside of my house and to
choose the correct colours for
curtain and wall if I wish to
enhance my luck in getting a
job, harmony at home, etc. The
colours would also enhance my
daughter's concentration in
her studies as lately she's
rather lethargic and she has
no interests to socialize
which is rather unusual for
her age. She's a lovely, young
lady. Such renovations are
quite expensive so before I
start to do the task, I would
like to have a second opinion
from you. Do colours have that
much power to enhance my luck,
marriage, etc.
Your prompt
reply would be greatly
appreciated.
Thank you.
Lynda

• Staff

Dear Lynda,
Apparently, you and your family seems very uncomfortable with the person's advise.
Given this understanding, and given that your daughter and yourself feel very uncomfortable with his advise, it is best not to follow thru.
I quote an extract from a user who had posted in this forum
"The information they are willing to give is so trivial and one senses that the only thing they are interested in is to make money and sell you products that might and might not fit in with your decor or your culture, and of course doesn't serve the purpose of curing and or enhancing.
Sorry for the long message, but I have a friend who spent a fortune buying all types of figurines to cure then to enhance and then eventually all she got was more figures on her credit card and no luck!"
Whilst repainting her

house, she got very sick (and
still is) and, of course, this
consultant said that it's
because the 'spirit' of the
house or ghost is hindering
her to enhance her feng shui.
I was raised to believe that
we are stronger than any
ghosts. He claims that the
ghost is also haunting him
when he tried to help some
people. He's irritated when I
asked him how could the ghost
in his client's house disturbs
him when he's advising her via
email/chat.

Yes, I do agree that it is perhaps a lame excuse to lay claims that the ghost is haunting him since, he's advise is via email/chat.
So far, no ghosts has been so advanced as to use the internet gateway to log into this person's home.
In addition, there is a higher probability of some people falling sick with colours such as yellow, cream or beige and pink. Since, a major bad stars like #2 and #5 are sickness/misfortune earth elements. Where #2 and #5 belong to them. And adding fire (red, pink) could further inflame the situation.
If it ain't broken or (not exactly that bad of a situation); don't fix it. More often, given that the entire family does not feel comfortable with an advise, just as what you had done, don't do it.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Dear Cecil,
There's no need to apologize for the long message. I appreciate your taking the time to explain in detail.
I thought ghosts don't rely on the internet to access a person's home. *G* The walls inside my house are white as it's a neutral colour and easier for us. He made our charts and suggested that it's better for us to have light yellow and only light pink on the east wall. He also suggested that it's important to paint our east wall beside our main door light pink to enhance our luck. Frankly, I don't mind the colours but it's difficult to persuade my husband to do it because he doesn't believe in feng shui. Light pink and light yellow do match. The problem is if after painting the entire house and if the problems were not resolved, we would be stucked with the costs of painting. Then I'm back to square one - more conflicts with my husband for believing an online consultant. My situation is rather bad as there's always constant conflicts between my husband and I.
As for figurines, some people will swear that it works wonder for them. Some people feel comfortable and believe in it and, for some reasons, it seems to work for them.
Is the power of Pi Yao true?
I received this notification:
"A new message has been posted to the WebBoard
topic "Main door 's effect on the residents' luck", in the conference
"Earth Luck :: Flying Star (Xuan Kong) House".
To return to the My Adviser (Geomancy Forum) WebBoard, go to:
http://myadviser.geomancy.net"
When I clicked the link, I got the login page and when I logged in, I wasn't directed to the message. So, I had to search for it.
Best regards,
Lynda

On 10/19/2003 7:52:24 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Lynda,
Apparently, you and your
family seems very
uncomfortable with the
person's advise.
Given this understanding, and
given that your daughter and
yourself feel very
uncomfortable with his advise,
it is best not to follow thru.
I quote an extract from a user
who had posted in this forum
"The information they are
willing to give is so trivial
and one senses that the only
thing they are interested in
is to make money and sell you
products that might and might
not fit in with your decor or
your culture, and of course
doesn't serve the purpose of
curing and or enhancing.
Sorry for the long message,
but I have a friend who spent
a fortune buying all types of
figurines to cure then to
enhance and then eventually
all she got was more figures
on her credit card and no
luck!"
Whilst repainting her
house, she got very sick (and
still is) and, of course, this
consultant said that it's
because the 'spirit' of the
house or ghost is hindering
her to enhance her feng shui.
I was raised to believe that
we are stronger than any
ghosts. He claims that the
ghost is also haunting him
when he tried to help some
people. He's irritated when I
asked him how could the ghost
in his client's house disturbs
him when he's advising her via
email/chat.
Yes, I do agree that it is
perhaps a lame excuse to lay
claims that the ghost is
haunting him since, he's
advise is via email/chat.
So far, no ghosts has been so
advanced as to use the
internet gateway to log into
this person's home.
In addition, there is a higher
probability of some people
falling sick with colours such
as yellow, cream or beige and
pink. Since, a major bad
stars like #2 and #5 are
sickness/misfortune earth
elements. Where #2 and #5
belong to them. And adding
fire (red, pink) could further
inflame the situation.
If it ain't broken or (not
exactly that bad of a
situation); don't fix it. More
often, given that the entire
family does not feel
comfortable with an advise,
just as what you had done,
don't do it.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

• Staff

Dear Lynda,
1. Yes, often white is the most common (no frills) colour for a wall.
2. As mentioned, our Luck is similar to the `Holy Trinity' of Heaven (born with); Earth (Home) and Human Luck.
3. What you had mentioned of products can be categorised under Human Luck factors - feel good or not so good.
4. Human beings has an association or need. Many of us want to look forward or have hope in our life:
4.1 A mother would rear her child with the hope that the child grows up to be healthy and lead a fruitful life.
4.2 Some people buy lottery with the hope that "next week" they touch a prize etc...
4.3 Some people, go to a temple, to "deposit" their worries.
4.4 As you mentioned, some people, buy something so that it makes them `feel good'.
5. However, in an international forum such as this, one cannot simply push another person's culture onto others. For example: Chinese objects like Goddess of Mercy, Fu Lu Shou etc... often are placed in Chinese homes.
6. In ancient times, we do not hear of crystals etc... And suddenly, in the 1980's such things pop up.
7. Often, I find it very sad that some Chinese Singapore homes i.e. it takes 15 steps to walk the length of the hall and a mere 8 steps to walk the breath.
8. Under such a small confine: in addition to the usual sofa set, coffee table, TV console, Hifi; additional items often include an altar (acceptable for religious purposes). But in addition, we can also find a fish tank, figurines of laughing buddha etc..
9. The unit or apartment is already so crammed, yet, there are so many objects within the home. Furthermore, in a family of 4 or more persons, there is not much `elbow' room to move around. So how can these people expect to improve their situation.
10. As for the notication of message replied, apologies. We are quite busy at the moment, but will look into fine tuning the delivery link. At the moment, please do remember your posting and conference and check back if you had received a notification on it.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

• Staff

Further to what I had mentioned; firstly we buy things that do not fit our culture.
The next major consideration is that some people are already in financial distress.
Given this situation; asking them to buy some products (which often does not guarantee) a "return" is not a wise choice.
Sure, if we have money to spare, and for those who feel nice buying products (much like impulse buying) can do so.
But for those who are already in "deep shit"; buying goods on credit i.e. many years back, I coined this " Credit Card Feng Shui "; is a really bad choice.
Thus, many of us do not blink an eye, throwing away good food. But imagine, there is some one waiting outside, hoping to rammage or find something from our dustbin -> to give to their family food. There is a true need for survial, here.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil