About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Facing MacRitchie Reservior

myfs_97677

Hi Cecil
appreciate your guidance. I am a strong metal person and my husband a weak water person(both of us with gua "9"). We have just bought a unit at Rafflesia Condo with the living room facing west (facing the macritchie reservoir). Based on the analytical tools provided on your website, we should be staying in a south facing house. However, we found that there a disaster line running through the main door (NW direction). Would having a water feature at the front door help? Any advice for us to have a harmonious life? Thank you!

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Adeline,
1. Although you are a strong metal and husband is a weak water person - a water position is still acceptable.
However, we found that

there a disaster line running
through the main door (NW
direction). Would having a
water feature at the front
door help?
2. However, just because the main door is the disaster line does not (automatically) warrant the use of a water feature here. Other considerations such as Shapes and Forms (interior of the home) and if possible Flying Star Feng Shui can be used to locate a proper location for a water position.

3. In a home, if there is a "leak" sometimes, we cannot go head-on to try to fix this leak. For some leaks, we may have to leave it alone or do something else - other than using a water position.
4. In your situation, and based on both your ba zi, I mentioned that it is still OK for you to use a water position. But, often, the best site should be chosen. And not just because, it has to be placed at a location - to plug a leak.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 11/3/2003 5:33:11 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Hi Cecil
appreciate your
guidance. I am a strong metal
person and my husband a weak
water person(both of us with
gua "9"). We have just bought
a unit at Rafflesia Condo with
the living room facing west
(facing the macritchie
reservoir). Based on the
analytical tools provided on
your website, we should be
staying in a south facing
house. However, we found that
there a disaster line running
through the main door (NW
direction). Would having a
water feature at the front
door help? Any advice for us
to have a harmonious life?
Thank you!

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Thanks Cecil.
As for plugging the leak first before going for enhancements, the layout of the house is such there's a toilet at the centre of the house! This is one leak I really don't know how to plug.
Looking through the forum replies, the general advice is to move out/keep the toilet dry and clean/keep the lid down/keep the door closed at all times. Any further advice?
The water feature is more for a purpose, mainly because my husband likes water and thinks it would be relaxing to have one in the house.
Thanks once again.

• Staff

Dear Adeline / All,
1. Coming to the question of the toilet.
2. For those who are aware of the Chinese tradition, in the past, Chinese homes (landed property) do not have a toilet inside their home. Toilets are always away from the home.
3. Frankly, and logically, for an apartment or flat, there is not much one can do to remove the toilet from the centrepoint of a home. As we all know the plumbing is fixed. And it moves down from one level to the other.
4. This is considered ONE leak. And more often, where possible, there should be or to avoid if possible, MORE leaks. One leak can often be negated by other positive qi. But, if a home has more than 1 usually 2 or 3 major leaks, than, often it translates to financial problems.
6. Therefore, I cannot offer any more solutions to this.
7. Many traditional Chinese FS practitioners may suggest a bottle gourd or `hulu' placed between the WC and the wall close to the centrepoint. Well, there is no harm doing this. Since, it is a documented authentic Feng Shui practise.
The water feature is

more for a purpose, mainly
because my husband likes water
and thinks it would be
relaxing to have one in the
house.

It is preferred if either you or your hubby is not a weak fire or strong water person. This may not be compatible to either one's ba zi.
As a "rule of thumb" many Feng Shui practitioners would often suggest a water feature especially a fish tank (just after the main door) e.g. on the left side wall - a few metres away from this main door.
For a fountain, it is often more practical to place it at the balcony area. (If one does not have a balcony? Well, have to look at individual layout plan already).
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 11/5/2003 2:38:17 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Thanks Cecil.

As for plugging

the leak first before going
for enhancements, the layout
of the house is such there's a
toilet at the centre of the
house! This is one leak I
really don't know how to
plug.