About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Square water pond

myfs_96185

Hi Master,
We have placed a square water pond with some fishes in it just a metre away from the main door (the general good feng shui rule). Is this location proper for us? I'm a strong earth and my husband is a strong fire person. Will this invite more wealth into the house?
Our house was built in the period of 6 but we had a major renovation 3 years back. So, which period should the house belong to?
Which part of the house should we pay attention to if this house brings us financial loss, legal issues and bankruptcy problems? Never had such problems in our old house.
Please advice.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Caroline,
In Feng Shui, there are two distinct advantages of using water:-
1. For a landed property, water at the frontage - would imply that there is `clear space' (and unobstructed) view.
2. The other key success of water is if it is as vibrant as a waterfall. Here, the water from this waterfall frictions with the air to create negative ions.
Therefore, if we are talking about water positions, the above senarios are certainly, considered as "key success" for placement of a water position.
3. For the interior of the home, it can be a double-edged sword.
4. This is because, on my opinion, and from various other practitioners - wrong placement of water may result in either or combination of both marital problems, finance problems.
5. There are three major levels of analysis or "safe-guards".
5.1 Number 1: It is good that you check what element both you and your spouse is. For a strong earth person, it is OK to have a water position.
But do take note that it is not the best solution.
As a strong earth person, the best element that can help the strong earth person is still metal element, first. Only when metal has increased or metal `absorbs' the earth, then it becomes out of balance, and water can be used. Otherwise, water is not as valuable to the strong earth person.
For a strong fire person, earth is still the best element to help the strong fire person.
Thus, given the relationship, it is still OK to have a combination of metal and water to help both of you.
5.2 Often, a water position is placed at a location, `suitable' under Shapes and Forms. Most of us do so by our personal `feel' or six-sense.
5.3 Another 'safe-guard' is to use/apply the Flying Star Feng Shui to see whether a location can `sustain' a water position or not.
Recently, there is a situtation, where I was called upon to check on a home. The owner, was plagued with lots of "scandals, legal entanglements". And it was found that that sector that they had placed a large fish tank (top and bottom) has bad #4 bad wood and it was combined with #1 and #4 and the interpretation of this two combination of stars spell - legal entanglements, scandals etc..
Here, there is already #1 water element and #4 bad wood. And, in addition, a fish tank with water was placed at the position to further fuel this situation.
The morale of the story is: "Don't simply place a fish tank or water feature, just because, your neighbour does it:("
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 11/7/2003 4:14:28 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Hi Master,
We have placed a
square water pond with some
fishes in it just a metre away
from the main door (the
general good feng shui rule).
Is this location proper for
us? I'm a strong earth and my
husband is a strong fire
person. Will this invite more
wealth into the house?

Our

house was built in the period
of 6 but we had a major
renovation 3 years back. So,
which period should the house
belong to?

Which part of the

house should we pay attention
to if this house brings us
financial loss, legal issues
and bankruptcy problems? Never
had such problems in our old
house.

Please advice.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

Dear Caroline,
Further to what I had mentioned:-

On 11/7/2003 4:14:28 PM, Caroline T
wrote:
Hi Master,
We have placed a
square water pond with some
fishes in it just a metre away
from the main door (the
general good feng shui rule).
Is this location proper for
us? I'm a strong earth and my
husband is a strong fire
person. Will this invite more
wealth into the house?

Make sure that the corner of the pond is not aimed at "vital areas" e.g. main door entrance.
In fact, in general Feng Shui, many practitioners would recommend the placement of the water feature on the (left) side of the garden. Since the right side is said to bring with it extra-marital affairs. (Where one stands inside the house looking outwards).
Contrary to popular belief, it should not be placed directly in-front of the main entrance. Or blocking it.
Again IN GENERAL, many FS practitioners would favour the placement of a water position (in harmony with the compass direction.) Thus, many FS practitioners favour the placement of a water feature at "wood" locations such as the East and South-East (both wood locations). Or north.
Many FS practitioners are not in favour of locations such as West or SW (since these are metal location) Both the domain of the white tiger as well as too much water here, is said to create an imbalance. Since the water, will draw out the metal.
However, the more advanced is the use of Flying star Feng shui to locate sectors with favourable water star positions such as #6 (big metal). Here, or at such a sector, metal interacts with water to create wealth.
If one is not sure, may have to check with competent practitioner on the used of the Flying star Feng Shui.
Since, one of the key success of a Flying star chart is to locate elements at each sector and balance them.

Our
house was built in the period
of 6 but we had a major
renovation 3 years back. So,
which period should the house
belong to?

If the major renovations include things like hacking of living room floor tiles and repainting of the entire house, then your house would certainly had shifted to Period 7.
Things like the above and removing the roof tiles or removing the main entrance door, would certainly change the period to Period 7.

Which part of the
house should we pay attention
to if this house brings us
financial loss, legal issues
and bankruptcy problems? Never
had such problems in our old
house.

Although, this statement is pretty short - but, it generally sums up a "perfect" situation that most of us would like to have for our home/office etc...!
In fact, this is considered a `tall order' in one single message.
For the people, who want to D.I.Y. then, apply as many sound FS concepts as possible.
For those who do not have the patience or expertise, then, should seriously consider hiring a competent FS practitioner.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil