About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Sitting Star Combination of Ten in Period 7?

myfs_98060

16 November 2003
Dear Master Lee,
Hello and warmest greetings!
We are building a new house scheduled for groundbreaking tomorrow November 17 at 1:30pm.
If my calculations are correct [3 degrees Tzu-Sitting Star=3, Wu-Facing Star=2], the house we are to build, if built in time for this 7th cycle, should be a most auspicious Combination of Ten house whose energy is 'eternal' and whose auspiciousness overrides all other interpretations of the interactions of the Earth Base, Facing and Sitting Stars! And as it also happens to be a Double Sitting chart, the health, relationship and family luck is doubled! That is, if we activate them with external Mountain or Water features.
In your reply posted 29May2003 in reply to a question regarding flying star fengshui special combinations, you mentioned that "If a house was built or born under Period 8 e.g. a new home constructed now, but only ready say in Year 2006, will thus be considered as a Period 8 house."
Unfortunately, it is now November and there is no way we can move into it before 21Jan2004. We are rushing work though and if the contractor can have the roof [the windows will only be temporarily boarded up because they can't be finished in time] put in place before the Lunar New Year, is it still considered a 7th cycle house since it's now "covered" or does it become an 8th cycle house by virtue of when it will be finally finished?
You had also continued in the same posting that "Under this situation, homes with main entrance facing double 8's are considered very auspicious under Period 8."
Should the house have to be considered an 8th cycle house and should my calculations again be correct [3 degrees Tzu-Sitting Star=4, Wu-Facing Star=3], it will have double 8's in the Facing Palace [Mountain Palace Facing Star=8, Facing Palace Facing Star=8]. I've also read that it is very auspicious when RULING Star [=8] is the FACING Star in the FACING Palace but is it as auspicious as a Combination of Ten of Three Combination house or is it auspicious only during the 8th cycle?
Please tell me if I should still be rushing to have the new house's roof put in place before the Lunar New Year or anything else I can do in order for it to be considered a 7th cycle house? I look forward to hearing from you the soonest.
  • Like 1

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,
For the double 8's, under Flying Star Feng Shui, it is particularly very auspicious especially in Period 8.

That
is, if we activate them with
external Mountain or Water
features.

Should your home be under Period 8, since the mountain star is #8 while the water star is #8, you should have an external mountain at the left (to activate a mountain) and water features at the right (to activate the water).
In my opinion, I personally feel that your new home most likely will be a Period 8 home:-
1. As you had mentioned, it is not fully ready. Although more importantly, the roof-tiles are in place. However, given that the windows are not in, this is "dicey".
2. If you really wish to remain a Period 7, the main door and back door must be installed before Period 7 (at least, we have one less issue to be concerned about when determing whether it is a Period 7 or 8.
3. But, given that you have not moved-in, or unable to move-in during Period 7, it is my opinion, that it is going to be a period 8 house.
Some school of thought could perhaps or may suggest that you move in the masterbedroom bed, and even dining table, make sure that the stove is in position.
Choose an auspicious date before next Chinese New Year (CNY) to move-in. It may not be practical to stay in for the night but if possible, could try to do so. Or alternatively, place a set of your night clothes on your side and your partner's clothing on the other side. These are just things that can be done to further reduce, or minimize things to do with determining a period 7 or 8 home.
Wishing you and your family Lots of Health, Wealth and Happiness!
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

Dear Anon,
On your question of:

Should the
house have to be considered an
8th cycle house and should my
calculations again be correct
[3 degrees Tzu-Sitting Star=4,
Wu-Facing Star=3], it will
have double 8's in the Facing
Palace [Mountain Palace Facing
Star=8, Facing Palace Facing
Star=8]. I've also read that
it is very auspicious when
RULING Star [=8] is the FACING
Star in the FACING Palace but
is it as auspicious as a
Combination of Ten of Three
Combination house or is it
auspicious only during the 8th
cycle?

Yes, you are correct. Double `8' only remain auspicious for the 20 year period.
After Period 8, #8 will revert to a pure mountain star. Here, if the mountain star is #8, a mountain can still be activated. But, since the other 8 which is a water star 8, would not be favourable thereafter to activate real water or water.
This is unlike Period 7, where, when under Period 7, 7 is very auspicious. And after period 7, #7's turn to `robbery' or violence star. But since #7 is weak metal, many practitioners often recommend water to "drown" both mountain #7 and water #7 - i.e. neutralise it's effect. (Not withstanding one must also look at base star #no.)
For example, in a Period 7 (N1 or 0/360 degrees home), the flying star at north is #7 mountain #7 water with #3 base.
Given this situation, too much water may further fuel #3 disputes, quarrels. Thus, a not too large water position can be used in conjunction with a plant.
Step 1:
========
Here, #7 is weak metal x 2 (double 7)
Step 2:
========
Water is introduced to reduce the effects of double 7 (mountain and water) under Period 8.
Make sure that 5 elements are utilised in this water positon to create a 5 elements flow i.e. a plant, with lights (turned on for several hours) and preferably, the water postion is not made of glass but rather, have earth e.g. granite or other earth elements in it.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Dear Master Lee,
Thank you for your prompt reply.
I'd like to clarify some of my own assumptions plus add more questions:
1. RE my calculations for the house we are building [3 degrees Tzu-Sitting Star=3, Wu-Facing Star=2] if built in time for this 7th cycle, does this make it a Combination of Ten that also happens to be a Double Sitting chart house? Is its energy 'eternal' and does its auspiciousness override all other interpretations of the interactions of the Earth Base, Facing and Sitting Stars?
2. If yes, I'd really like to give it our best shot to rush the house for Period 7 but my contractor who had committed to have roof installed in time says installation of the doors and windows are impossible given just 2 months left. If we can have the main door and back door 'temporarily' installed and have the windows 'propped-up' before 21Jan2004 but have these doors and windows 're-adjusted/re-installed' during final construction, will the house count as Period 7?
3. If OK to that but still without the masterbedroom bed, dining table and stove in position because the floors aren't installed yet, will it make all our above efforts useless?
Thank you in advance for your help!

• Staff

Dear Pao Lee,
Please see below:-

On 11/17/2003 4:43:38 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Master Lee,
Thank you for your prompt
reply.
I'd like to clarify some of my
own assumptions plus add more
questions:
1. RE my calculations for the
house we are building [3
degrees Tzu-Sitting Star=3,
Wu-Facing Star=2] if built in
time for this 7th cycle, does
this make it a Combination of
Ten that also happens to be a
Double Sitting chart house? Is
its energy 'eternal' and does
its auspiciousness override
all other interpretations of
the interactions of the Earth
Base, Facing and Sitting
Stars?

Yes. In my opinion, it is `eternal' as long as one does not "fly" the home into a new period.

2. If yes, I'd really like to
give it our best shot to rush
the house for Period 7 but my
contractor who had committed
to have roof installed in time
says installation of the doors
and windows are impossible
given just 2 months left. If
we can have the main door and
back door 'temporarily'
installed and have the windows
'propped-up' before 21Jan2004
but have these doors and
windows
're-adjusted/re-installed'
during final construction,
will the house count as Period
7?

Pay more attention to the main door. Where possible, the main door should NOT be moved or re-installed. Else, it will most likely mean, a failed exercise.
If you can, try to get the contractor to:-
1. The living room floor tiles up to the main door, should be completed.
2. The main door, should be properly `seated' and not re-adjusted or reinstalled after lunar 2004.

3. If OK to that but still
without the masterbedroom bed,
dining table and stove in
position because the floors
aren't installed yet, will it
make all our above efforts
useless?

Frankly, it looks like an incomplete home.
In my opinion, an incomplete home or one that is `not fit' to live in is considered as an uncompleted home. And may be furtile exercise.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil