About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

House direction

myfs_98882

Dear Cecil,
We bought a house recently. The door entrance is facing South East, while the kitchen is facing North West. The house is located a bit off the Road which entering a court with 4 houses. Here I have few questions to ask :
1.Is the Road that entering the court of the houses consider a T-junction ?
2. The door entrance SE is not a good direction for my husband's 'pat chi'. Is there any suggestion to improve it without any renovation ?
3. Is it true / correct that a stove cannot be placed at the corner and face North West's direction ? Is there any suggestions to block any bad chi, if it is true ?
Thank you.
Lena / Aust.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Lena,
Please see below:-

On 12/18/2003 4:11:13 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Cecil,
We bought a house recently.
The door entrance is facing
South East, while the kitchen
is facing North West. The
house is located a bit off the
Road which entering a court
with 4 houses. Here I have few
questions to ask :
1.Is the Road that entering
the court of the houses
consider a T-junction ?

I really do not know. Unless you can provide a proper sketch. This is because terms like "a bit off" is ambigious. And addition words like "entering the court of the house seems even harder to comprehen.

2. The door entrance SE is not
a good direction for my
husband's 'pat chi'. Is there
any suggestion to improve it
without any renovation ?

One consideration is to tilt the main door. But this has to be looked at carefully. And also Shapes and Forms also need to be considered since there may be poison arrows or other consideration to take note of.

3. Is it true / correct that a
stove cannot be placed at the
corner and face North West's
direction ? Is there any
suggestions to block any bad
chi, if it is true ?

Yes, a stove should not be placed at a corner. Most of the time, it is based more on commonsense, rather than Feng Shui.
This is because, imagine a stove which is often at least 2 to 2 1/2 foot if it is placed at a corner, will mean that the `triangle' formed behind it can be relatively large.
And if the kitchen is small, it will result in wasted space. Since we cannot built a small triangle cabinet behind it or place things at this corner area - for fear of becoming a fire hazard.
More importantly, it is better not to place a stove at exactly the true compass directions e.g. 0 degrees, 45 degrees, 90 degrees. Since these are true - compass lines.
The rationale for not placing the stove at NW or facing NW in my opinion, has to do more with the idea of:
1. Senario 1 : Flying Star Feng Shui
In particular, under Period 7, NW is considered a very auspicious sector and a stove there, may burn away one's luck.
And at this corner, which is the NW corner facing NW, it becomes worse since, the stove is not only located at compass direction NW, but also smack in the middle of this intangible force.
2. Senario 2 : Heaven's Gate
Some FS practitioners consider NW,the Heaven's Gate. And, these practitioners say that placing a stove at the Heaven's gate is like burning the entrance!
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

Further to what I had mentioned, because the wall behind the stove is not flat, and under certain conditions:
1. windy day
2. a window or window(s) close-by to the stove
3. open windows
It may result in air-circulating behind the stove, blowing air against the flames towards the person standing at the stove. - Quite dangerous.
Please see illustration.....