About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Two doors and two windows facing each other

myfs_99117

Hi, I've been reading your forum and it is very enlightening. I like your reasoning about fixing leaks before enhancing.
There are two windows facing each other in my house, as well as the main door facing the back patio door also in a straight line. Are these leaks? How can I correct them?
Thanks for any advice you continue to give to readers.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Joji,
the

main door facing the back
patio door also in a straight
line.
Yes, this is usually considered as a leak. Often, a partition/screen or if part of the patio door (e.g. if it is sliding glass, then one side should be fixed at this straight path.)
two windows facing each other
It is best that a simple sketch be uploaded, here.

Since, in some cases, two windows can face each other (but if say the distance of the two windows are quite a distance it may not be a leak.)
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 12/29/2003 1:55:48 AM, Anonymous wrote:the
main door facing the back
patio door also in a straight
line.
Hi, I've been reading your
forum and it is very
enlightening. I like your
reasoning about fixing leaks
before enhancing.
There are
two windows facing each other
in my house, as well as Are these leaks? How can
I correct them?

Thanks for

any advice you continue to
give to readers.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

Dear Sir
If 2 doors in a row at centre area of the house how can it be corrected . Is it important that there should not be any blockage between main door & centre area of the house so that qi circulate at centre before moving to other areas of the house.Thank you

• Staff

Dear Anooja,
1. Please note that no two situations are often alike.
2. When I elaborate on `clear-space' at the centrepoint, often, it has to do with `flux' of qi or qi-flow.
3. Here, especially in a non-airconditioned place, and because of the varing temperature throughout the day, it is always good to have `openings' or windows or doors all round the home.
4. Ideally, it would be excellent - imagine a rectangular standalone home e.g. a bungalow house. Here, it would be good to open the windows at all four areas e.g. frontage, left/right side and back-side.
5. In such a case, often, it is good that also, the home has clear space at the centrepoint. Here, air (depending on the time of day) can flow e.g. from East to West, or East to North or North to East or East to South etc...
6. In Feng Shui, it is not just about placing furniture `correctly' but rather also - qi or wind flowing within the home.
7. Here, IN GENERAL, it is good to have centrepoint free from clear space. But it is not a MUST. For example, if there are sufficient air-flow entry e.g. from East to North or West to North etc.. then, there is no major issue with having centrepoint - locked up.
8. For the centrepoint of the home, the major concerns are:
8.1. Toilet at the centrepoint
Not very favourable, since, this is water at the centrepoint.
8.2 Stove
It is also not favourable to have a stove at the centrepoint since this belongs to the fire element. And fire, like water may affect it.
8.3 Others
What about a store-room?
Frankly, there is no issue with a store-room since there are no activity, here. And in some cases, a store-room is good - especially if a mountain star is found here. And what better way to activate mountain star, here.
For example, under Period 7, if there is a #7 mountain star found at the centre of the home, than, it is ok to have a store here.
What about a bed-room at the centrepoint?
Hmm... imagine if the bedroom is at the centrepoint, it is hard to imagine, where does the room get it's (air from?) Since most likely, a room at the centre-of-the home does not have windows? Maybe just a bedroom door.
We hardly every see a bedroom, here.
Therefore, I hope that one should not jump to the wrong conclusions that, it is A MUST to have the clear-space at the centrepoint. In fact, in many other situations, a store may be appropriate, here.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil
On 12/30/2003 8:54:40 AM, From Anooja:

Dear Sir
If 2 doors in a row at centre
area of the house how can it
be corrected . Is it important
that there should not be any
blockage between main door &
centre area of the house so
that qi circulate at centre
before moving to other areas
of the house.Thank you

But we HAVE a circumstance in which part of a bedroom is in the center. The original house was, indeed, a perfect rectangle, and the center was an aread basically filled with closets and the back of the fireplace. But then the previous owners added on two wings to the house (which now forms a U shape.) In between the wings is a patio. So my daughter's bedroom, or at least part of it, is really the center of the house, and has a window opening onto the patio. Shouldn't I be taking the center of the house from the new structure, and not from the old. If so, other than keeping it neat and clean and aired out, is it necessarily a bad place for a bedroom.?
Regina

• Staff

Dear Regina,
Frankly, the issue, here is not so much as to whether, the centrepoint is `locked' or blocked but rather what is the outcome with a blocked centrepoint.
More importantly, all this boils down fundamentally is, how does it affect the flow of qi (if any) within the home. (especially in a senario) where, we simply open the windows or doors or any points of entry of air-flow into a home.
For example, if one can literally afford turning on an air-con in a room, there is not much issue on `stale' qi within such a room since, most of the time, a properly maintained aircon can circulate air (qi) in a room.
Again, more importantly, air-flow or simply "wind" comes from the external. And, often, it is favourable if a home has more than 2 or more air entry into a home.
For example: A bungalow (landed property) has four sides. And often, windows/vents or doors are all around this bungalow. Thus, it is often considered as 4 points of air entry into the home.
Depending on it's surroundings, the more air-entry eg. 4 or even 3 is better. Since, technically, if one opens a window, air can flow in and out of various rooms etc...
Thus, under this general consideration, even if we build a store room at the centrepoint of this bungalow, it can still `survive' without much qi impairment or degration.
Contrast this to a semi-detached home where a bungalow, is `split' into two and each owner occupies either side. Often such homes has 3 sides. A locked centrepoint is less than ideal, but still survivalable.
For a terrace house, it is not beneficial to close up the centrepoint. Since, air entry comes often from the frontage or the back, only.
See which category your home is (4, 3 or 2 points-of-entry).
Therefore, for your home, IT DEPENDS.
If your home has only 2 points-of-air-entry and have a simple sketch, then feel free to attach it to the forum.
But if your home has often 3 or 4 points-of-air-entry, then, it is safe to have the centrepoint partially occupied.
For the centrepoint, it is still safe if it is part of an extension e.g. bedroom/store or other walls. But, it is often unfavourable - if the toilet/toilet bowl or stove is smack at this centrepoint.
Therefore, I hope that you do not get unduly alarmed, just because messages has often been posted on the `evils' of an occupied centrepoint.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 1/3/2004 1:11:05 PM, Anonymous wrote:
But we HAVE a circumstance in
which part of a bedroom is in
the center. The original
house was, indeed, a perfect
rectangle, and the center was
an aread basically filled with
closets and the back of the
fireplace. But then the
previous owners added on two