About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Using Feng Shui to predict the economy

myfs_74938

Hi Cecil,
It's been a few years since I participated on your forum. Anyways, I have a question. I read this article and it was the first time I've heard of someone using Feng Shui to predict the economy (US). I would like to hear your thoughts on this article if you can use Feng Shui in this manner.
Here's the link and article: http://cbs.marketwatch.com/news/story.asp?guid=%7B709DCAEE%2D816F%2D4107%2D8A5A%2D02B7966609B7%7D&siteid=mktw
Will Year of the Monkey unleash bulls?
By Allen Wan, CBS.MarketWatch.com
Last Update: 8:41 PM ET Jan. 21, 2004
TOKYO (CBS.MW) -- Y.C. Sun is on a roll.
CBS MARKETWATCH TOP NEWS
U.S. stocks end mixed in choppy trade
Senate passes $820 billion omnibus spending bill
U.S. leading indicators point to 'strong growth'
Kodak to cut up to 15,000 jobs over 3 years
AT&T's profit, sales shrink again

TRADING CENTER
Last year, the Chinese fortune-teller accurately predicted geopolitical turbulence rattling the financial markets in 2002, Saddam Hussein's demise, and the surge in gold prices.
For the Chinese Year of the Monkey, which begins Thursday, the geomancer has set fairly attainable goals -- a continued rally for U.S. stocks and strengthening of global economies.
Sun comes up with his predictions based on the principles of feng shui, the ancient system of environmental placement, and I-ching, the 2,000-year-old law of the universe, which is influenced by five basic elements (metal, wood, water, fire and earth).
Using these methods to create a composite chart and drawing on key dates, Sun claims he can come up with a fairly accurate prediction of where the markets are headed in year 4701 of the Chinese calendar. Read a description.
For 2004, Sun sees both the Dow ($INDU: news, chart, profile) and the Nasdaq ($COMPQ: news, chart, profile) resuming their climb from last year, though their gains will not be as steep. For the Dow, Sun sees the blue-chip index hitting a peak of 11,800 in June before finishing the year at 11,600 -- that's up 10.3 percent from current levels.
Sun has history on his side. In the six zodiac monkey years over the past 60, the Dow has ended on a positive note. Monkey years tend to be good, but not great, years for stocks. In 1944, the last Wood Monkey year, the Dow climbed 11.8 percent.
For the Nasdaq, he's also looking at a conservative 11.6 percent rise.
The geomancer thinks the monkey year will be good for big-cap stocks, especially those in the telecommunications, networking, Internet and media sectors.
In reaching his conclusions, Sun assesses key upcoming events as well as individuals that could determine the fate of the markets.
He sees a difficult year ahead for President Bush, as the U.S. leader deals with dissension within his own cabinet, expanding twin U.S. deficits, interest-rate battles with the Federal Reserve and more ominously, a possible trade war that could torpedo the geomancer's bullish economic predictions.
"The degree of the uptrend will be capped by President Bush's problems with his core cabinet team, an interest-rate tightening starting in June, new turmoil in the Middle East, a huge runaway federal deficit and Fed chief Greenspan's departure," he said.
"There's a strong possibility for U.S. trade protectionism due to the clash between the element for trade and the Wood year."
And there's the U.S. presidential elections in November.
The Democrats aren't going to like to hear this, but Sun is predicting that Bush, a Fire Dog under the zodiac, will triumph again in another nailbiter.
"President Bush will rally from behind to win the election," said Sun.
While the U.S. economy will continue to perform well on the back of lower rates, tax cuts and higher federal spending, Sun is less sanguine about its Chinese counterpart after an incredible year marked by growth of nearly 10 percent.
"I think the Chinese stock market will boom but the economy will stagnate," he said. Another concern could be Taiwan in March as the president notches up tensions with China to score points with voters ahead of tough elections.
It's easy for Westerners to scoff at the predictions. But if a certain former Iraqi leader had heeded the Chinese fortune-teller's warning last year...

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Ben,
1. Each industry can be classified under a specific "Five element".
2. In addition, the constant for this Lunar Year is: The Metal Monkey in Wood Year 2004.
3. The common basis of the above is on the Five Elements concept.
4. Industrial Analysis
On the above basis (for stocks and shares as well as venturing into such business), each industry can also be classified into one of the Five elements: Water, Wood, Fire, Earth & Metal.
For example, since this year belongs to the Wood year, in general, a prediction can state that trades related to wood, should be good. (Although, there will be high competition) but often, it may lead to success and lots of chances to succeed etc...
5. Para 4 is one way of relating with Para 2 to ascertain how good or bad the year is.
6. Chinese Horoscope for individual persons
Again, in another example of the Chinese horoscope, people born in the year of the Tiger and Money, is considered not so good under the Wood Year:-
Reference:
http://www.geomancy.net/resources/yearly-forecast/fortunes-2004.htm
7. Since the lowest common denominator is the Five elements concept, again, each person or year and/or situation is analysed in relation the the Five elements concept.
8. I-Ching or Y-Ching prediction
This is the Chinese oracle based on the 64 hexagram. This is often used by practitioners to predict stock market trends etc...
9. Most likely to happen
This is another category which does not rely on the hocus pocus of Chinese divinity methods.
For example, last year, I wrote situtations where it is common to find practitioners making several predictions.
For example, I quoted the case like earthquakes. Since, California did not have a earth quake of a certain magnitude for some time, it would bound to happen, sooner or later. And, it did happened. All the practitioner needs to do is to make a few "predictions" of this nature to cover e.g. an earthquake in the 4th quarter of 2003 etc...
For dictators, this is also an easy target. Since, Bush's father, (in my opinion) it was said to be on Saddam's assasination list, it was said that there was more than meets the eye when the younger Bush took over as the President.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net