About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Personal Introduction

• 2 weeks later...
Sponsored Link

• Staff

Hi,
Sorry for the delay in reply. Besides other activities, Robert and myself were busy configuring each of our new notebook to cater for the increased mails.
The purpose of calling this entire site - Center for Feng Shui Research is that:
1. We are not restricted by practising only one School of Feng Shui or owe allegiance to only one " Master ".
Overall, as you can see, it is good to learn Feng Shui from many Masters. Personally, I now have at least more than 400 books on Feng Shui both Chinese: from China, Taiwan and Hong Kong and many others.
2. Like the Kung Fu movies we see, you will notice that the actors usually start off getting `bullied' and as a result they learn more and more skills from different Masters.
The truth is the same for Feng Shui.
3. Great Feng Shui Masters in the past did not learn Feng Shui from only one Master but from books.
They read widely, adopt what is good and discard the "bad ".
4. Look around the internet. If you read the biography of many of the people who called themselves a Master, you will find that most of them learn from books.
If I am not mistaken, many Traditional Feng Shui Masters who are quite prominent on the internet such as: Master Joseph Yu, Master Sang `picked' up Feng Shui.
Jokingly, I remembered reading a heated exchange on the internet between John Mansoulf and Master Yu. John questioned him "Who died and when you become the Master ".
Like the problem with the communication channel where there is `noise' imagine, if one Master passes his skills to the next. The end result is a distorted or much reduced Feng Shui knowledge. This is different from reading as the knowlege can be imparted through centuries without much distortion.
5. In order to make a qualified comment, one must master all Schools of Feng Shui.
6. One must also try to learn or at least understand all the various techniques and variants of Feng Shui so that you can make an informed judgement.
7. Always have an open mind and be able not only to learn `blindly' but able to apply, interpret and combine various theories.
For example, the first ever `spam' message in this forum by Jerry, who mentioned that he had learnt Pillars before and said that one can `never' do Pillars with only "3 Pillars ". Here, we must understand that in real life, many do not know their time of birth.
Personally, I have been fasinated and enjoyed reading and learning Feng Shui from various sources as early as 1979.
I recalled vivid memories of how my family members placed mirrors over the balcony doors etc...
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 7/28/99 2:29:56 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear robert and cecil,
I was interested in knowing
how you got such
vast information about feng
shui. Did you
learn from a master and how
many years it
took to attain proficiency.
Thanks.