About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

How do I start

myfs_103689

Hi,

I am new to Feng Shui and I would like to ask if the rules for applying Feng Shui are the same for both the northern and southern heispheres?

I thought I read somewhere that they are different, is this actually true?

I am very enthusiastic to get started practising Feng Shui both at home in my one bedroom apartment and also at my workplace.

Thanks for any advice it would be most welcome.

Best Regards

David

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear David,

Please see below:-

On 5/28/2004 8:48:32 AM, Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

I am new to Feng Shui and I

would like to ask if the rules

for applying Feng Shui are the

same for both the northern and

southern heispheres?

The general concensus amongst many experienced Feng Shui practitioners is that Feng Shui should be the same for both northern and southern hemispheres.

This is because, firstly, many of the theories relate to : The Five elements concept. And this concept is not directly linked to the use of a compass.

Even in the compass school of Feng Shui, there should not be a difference between the north and southern hemispheres. One of the main reasons is because, no matter where we are (especially up to as far as Australia or down under, the magnetic north is currently at the north pole.

But however, many scientists are now ringing in alarm bells to say that the magnetic field is weakening in the last few decades and in the past, there was such thing as an entire swop of compass direction i.e. the north pole has the south compass field while the south pole has the north compass field. However, for now it seems thru our present life-time, our children's life time, this will not happen, as yet.

I thought I read somewhere

that they are different, is

this actually true?

No, actually, this is felt to be a "modern invention" by those who do not truly understand the type of tools used.

In the past, perhaps, such practitioners try to convience others by giving the example of water draining in a sink, etc... But, many of these "South hemisphere" practitioners were totally rejected by the main stream practitioners.

Therefore, I personally feel that you should stick to the present convention which has been accepted by many Traditional Feng Shui schools.

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

I am very enthusiastic to get

started practising Feng Shui

both at home in my one bedroom

apartment and also at my

workplace.

Thanks for any advice it would

be most welcome.

Best Regards

David

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net