About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Five Elements Correlation

myfs_103693

Dear Cecil,

I understand of the productive and destructive cycles of the five elements but am not sure of the following coorelation:

For eg., the Water element is produced by Metal, harmonised by Wood and destroyed by Earth. What is the effect of Fire to Water, though I understand that Water destroy Fire.

I'm about to renovate my house soon. My living area is in the North which is the Water sector, can I place a orange coloured sofa which is a Fire Element? Rolling Eyes

Is deep purple a colour of Fire or Water?

Appreciate your soonest reply. Thanks!

Regards, Lynn

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Lynn,

Yes, the productive cycle is often the easiest to understand.

But for the destructive cycle, sometimes the term may be misleading. Actually, this cycle can also be considered as a "Wealth" cycle.

For example:

A strong water person:

His best elements are : Wood, Fire andEarth.

If one looks carefully at the destructive cycle: Water destroys Fire.

Here, it simply means that Water is used to dowse fire to produce wealth.

Thus, for a strong water person, his two best elements are:

1. Wood (green or brown) - most harmonious colour

2. Fire (red, purple or pink) - his wealth colour.

For a weak water person: this is opposite: his best elements are: Metal and Water. His wealth element is still Fire element. But, here, he is too weak to take advantage of using water to destroy fire. Instead, he should strengthen his weak water (firstly with metal) and sometimes adding water to water. Only after doing so, he can use his water to destroy fire to create wealth.

Thus in the above two examples of Strong Water vs Weak Water, no matter what, their wealth element is still Fire. The only difference is that one can directly use it, the other cannot (weak water).

In a Feng Shui perspective, for a strong water person, the choice of colour for his/her study or work area can either be Metal (harmony) or Fire (wealth) or a combination of it -- subject to the balance of elements of the room under the Flying star Feng Shui.

sector, can I place a orange

coloured sofa which is a Fire

Element?

No, orange actually belongs to the Metal element.

The rationale is simple: during the Chinese New Year, many younger persons bring along two mandarin oranges to visit their elders or friends.

Here, in Cantonese, the mandarin oranges is called : KUM or for the Hokkien, it is KIM. The colour of mandarin oranges LOOKS LIKE GOLD.

Thus, symbolically, we do not carry gold or give real gold but, we do exchange mandarin oranges.

For westerners, if you do receive two mandarin oranges via a home visit, it is best to return or exchange it with two mandarin oranges once the visitors are leaving. Thus, the symbolic gesture is that when someone gives us oranges (gold), we should also return the kind favour.

Is deep purple a colour of

Fire or Water?

Deep purple or violet should be considered as a Fire element. But of-course, for violet, often, it may be mistaken for sky blue colour.

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 5/28/2004 8:48:03 AM, Anonymous wrote:

Dear Cecil,

I understand of the productive

and destructive cycles of the

five elements but am not sure

of the following coorelation:

For eg., the Water element is

produced by Metal, harmonised

by Wood and destroyed by

Earth. What is the effect of