Dear Anon,

Please see below:-

On 6/18/2004 8:52:46 AM, Anonymous wrote:

I live alone in my own

apartment.Is itOK to

sleep any where as I

fancy,like in the living

room?

Frankly, do sleep where you are most comfortable in even in the living room.

I can say that you are a "privilge" group because, for most part, many people are unable to sleep in the living room because they have a large family. And, often sleeping in the living room has less privacy for these people. As well as if one has large sized family members. Imagine, being trampled by them, also.

On the subject of sleeping,is

it true that it is bad

fengshui to sleep on low or no

platform bed (as oppose to a

normal raised bedframe)?

Iin my opinion, one can draw a parallel to the mistaken notion of double-decker beds.

For double-decker beds, it is not like, that there is a "concentrated" beam on a single part of a body. The entire second storey is often flat-bed.

So, far, double-decker beds have been around for many many years. And, touch-wood, no one came out "shorter", stupidier or worst for wear. In fact, many students have slept under one, and many completed their university studies successfully, married etc...

In the case of sleeping on a flat bed, or on the floor, there are lots of people around the world who often sleep on such a surface.

Even in Singapore, many (many) parents for fear of their young ones, falling off a bed, often, simply lay mattress on the floor. And sometimes, the entire family sleep together (cosy). So far, no ill effects.

In many countries, such as Japan, they sleep on tatami mat and have slept for many generations.

The only "issue" is that preferably, bedrooms could use parquet flooring or wood based flooring in the bedroom. This is because of the excellent insulation properties of wood. Often, when we wake up, stepping onto wood / wood floor does not feel cold. But if we step on ceramic, marble, homgenous or granite tiles, they feel cold to the feet.

The idea is that life is short, so, why do we want to make ourselves more miserable? If one feel good, just do it! Who cares about what others say!

For example, again it is ridiculous to hear people say do not place a tv set in the bedroom. Who cares! What others say! You do it, I do it, they do it! So, go on doing it! Cheers!

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net