About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Door Color for Career Enhancement

myfs_104854

Are there general rules for door color?

We recently moved into a new house (four months ago). The green front door is not very visible because of the large trees in the front yard. The tan garage door is easy to see. We use it most to enter and exit the house.

I am the more highly paid of the house. I was born 8/16/1958.

I'm thinking of painting the doors and wondered if I must coordinate with the directions and elements or if a red front door would make matters worse.

The house is wonderful, but backwards with a hill on the right and a meandering stream on the left, and a swimming pool in the back.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Crisa,

In very general terms, often, some Feng Shui practitioner will look at the direction or location the home is. But this is very general. For example, some FS practitioners could suggest that e.g. since Singapore is in the Southern part of earth, a main door that is white is ok. Since, metal controls fire element.

Generally, it is quite common to find doors that are real wood (varnished in different types of wood tone colors) or simply light pastel shades of e.g. neutral colors like white or cream.

For the proposed red colored main door, in general, it is best not to be painted if the door is located at the north (water) direction.

If possible, it is not favourable, if the main door is located at the North-Western part of the home. This is because many Traditional Feng Shui practitioners feel that NW = the trigram that represents the head of the home e.g. the father and also it represents "Heaven" emblem.

And red represents fire element. Thus, again the idea of " Fire at Heaven's gate" may make some FS practitioners shriek!

This may sound a little more complicated -- since one has to have a good grounding in Flying Star Feng Shui. Thus, if one is knows numbers like #5 and #2, and if the sector has such stars, then, red which represents -- fire is not exactly good idea. Equally bad is if there isa water star #8 (current prosperity) at that sector.

I know, you may perhaps, then ask this question: In such a case, what should I do?

Well, red is in-fact one of the most yang colors. Thus, on the safe side, usually, wood tone colors or pastel shades such as white or cream or beige is often a safer color. Than either red = fire or blue = water. Since these two colors often have it's associated "enemies".

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 7/21/2004 5:46:12 AM, Anonymous wrote:

Are there general rules for

door color?

We recently moved into a new

house (four months ago). The

green front door is not very

visible because of the large

trees in the front yard. The

tan garage door is easy to

see. We use it most to enter