About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Mirror at Dinning Hall

myhome_295

Hello Master Lee,

My enquiry:

2 years ago, we have installed a long length mirror (this mirror is made up of few sector) reflectes our Dinning Table. We ever seen in some Feng Shui book at Mirror facing Dinning Table is auspicious and create fruitfullness within the house.

The issue is, one of my relative highlighted that the mirror facing our Dinning Table in our house will create unhealthy wealth.

Currently the mirror not only reflectes the Dinning Table, but it also reflectes the window because in front of my Dinning Table, is a window. In addition, the mirror also reflectes the opposite block staircase.

Hence, please advice whether is it true that the mirror reflectes the window & staircase is no good to our family wealth? If yes, any remedy to counter part this issue without having to dismantle the mirror. Your valuable advice is appreciated.

Christina

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,

1. Number of pieces of mirror

Ideally, it is best to have one single piece of mirror.

One piece mirror

However, in Singapore, for those who live in a high rise, and often at high floors, the contractor, for convenience would simply provide e.g. two pieces of mirrors.The rationale is because, usually the wall is wide, but because of the lift (escalator) can only accomodate smaller piece of mirrors.

Two piece mirrors

Usually because of the above i.e. for convenience, the contractor would want to "push" for two pieces mirror. In fact, unless one insists, no one wants to cart or bring up pieces of mirror from the stairs.

However, two piece mirrors are considered inauspicious. Because, imagine, after installing the two exact pieces, if one stands atthe centre of this joined piece, it looks like a "split" or divorce!

One or Three piece mirrors (Acceptable)

If possible, try to insist on only one big piece. But if this is truly impossible, then go for three piece mirror. For example the centre piece is biggest and there are two exact 2nd and third piece on each side of this largest piece.

Yes, the Cantonese (Chinese dialect group) often favours having a mirror at the dining room area to reflect onto the dining table. To them, it is doubling of abundance of food.

However, there are two ways of looking at a mirror:-

1. If possible, avoid it facing a window, as you had mentioned, even before luck comes into the home e.g. thru the windor or opening, it is bounced back out of the home! This is a general way of looking at it.

2. Under Flying Star Feng Shui, a mirror at the wrong location, may inadvertently bounce back twice the bad luck!

Mirror facing a staircase

Frankly, this has more to do with "commonsense" than Feng Shui.

Imagine this: One is in deep thoughts and just coming down the stairs. Suddenly, one sees an image or reflect of what looks another person. The worse case senario is falling down the steps.

Usually, the permanent solution is to remove it. But if one does not want to, could consider using opaque film i.e. to be placed on the mirror.

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 7/22/2004 9:50:22 AM, Anonymous wrote:

Hello Master Lee,

My enquiry:

2 years ago, we have installed

a long length mirror (this

mirror is made up of few

sector) reflectes our Dinning

Table. We ever seen in some

Feng Shui book at Mirror

facing Dinning Table is