About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Stove under master bedroom

myfs_105288

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,

Frankly, this has not much to do with the need to place a symbolic object to "neutralise it".

But rather, this issue has more to do with the "Commonsense approach" to Feng Shui.

This is because, most of the time, it was felt that chances of a fire occuring in a home -- the most likely occurence could be from the kitchen. And since fire and heat travel upwards, this is our main concern.

But in modern times, I would rather "invest" in having smoke detector(s) -- if you have not one already fitted than the bottle gourd.

Here, there is a good chance that (touch-wood) in the event of a fire -- the smoke detector would go off and warn us. But the bottle gourd would be like an empty vessel -- which unfortunately does not make any noise at all!

Bottle gourd = dead man tell no tales

Smoke detector = may perhaps make some of us "temporary deaf" but hey! It does save lives!

For those who live in Singapore, there is a recent government or some fire safety bureau campaign -- ie. one can purchase a smoke detector from any of the petrol stations e.g. Shell / Caltex and Mobil-Exxon for a reasonable price of around S$30.00

Why not take the opportunity to install one at your home!

(Usually once installed, should the battery run low, many of the smoke detectors would give some "warning". Or do remember to change the battery say every 6 or 9, 12 months)

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 8/10/2004 10:21:44 PM, Anonymous wrote:

My kitchen stove is directly

under the master bed room. I

am looking for a permanent

cure (without ripping out the

kitchen or remodeling). For

now, I have put a gourd above

it to "collect the fire" but

is there any other permanent

fixes/cures? Please advise