About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

My bedroom cum work place

myfs_105474

My favourable direction is in the west, however it is also where my bedroom door situated (Southwest of the room). Is it ok that I place my bed (head pointing west, northwest of the room) and work place (facing west,west of the room) against the wall which is going to be in line with my door? Will I get disturbin my sleep from the chi flowas well as my window position which is in the east of my room? Any cures? Great thanks for the advise.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,

Basically, in terms of bed placement. You should follow these priority:-

1. It is most important that the bedroom is located at the one of the 4 good directions based on the Eight House concept. Meaning that if you divide the house from the centerpoint, your bedroom should be located West (in your case). As long as the bedroom is in a good sector, the issue of the bed position becomes less of an issue, as regardless of where you actually sleep, you are still sleeping in a suitable sector of the house.

2. As rooms are small now-a-days, so it is frankly, very difficult for most people to have the luxuary to arrange furnitures so that it can fit the best placement for every furniture. So we should focus on ensuring that the bed placement is placed in a practical manner priority goes shapes and form placement of the bed. Such as the following:-

http://www.geomancy.net/events/Popular_FS_Talk/fs_talk_slide_37.htm

Reason being is that as long as you have a suitable bedroom, regardless of where you position your bed it is generally still suitable to you. Sames goes for table etc.

More importantly is you should ensure that all the furniture especially the corner of the table etc should not be cutting the bed where you will be sleeping. As long as this rule is followed, you are pretty safe.

3. Only, when the two above priorities are in place, should you then see if you the suitable bed position based on the Eight House can be also put into place. If you have space restriction, then of course better to follow the shapes and form placement as above. If you have still have some flexibility left in the placement of the bed, then you should make sure if possible it faces one of your better directions (ie avoiding Death or Disaster) where possible.

4. Other rules, ensure that the wall at where anchor the bed should not be a window.

5. You should not place the bed facing the door such it faces the door when you enter the room. As this is a coffin position.

Frankly, I am unable to see your layout, so will not know for sure if it is truly ok or not. As long as you follow the above rules, you should generally not need to worry too much anymore.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research

On 8/16/2004 4:58:26 AM, Anonymous wrote:

My favourable direction is in

the west, however it is also

where my bedroom door situated

(Southwest of the room). Is it

ok that I place my bed (head

pointing west, northwest of

the room) and work place

(facing west,west of the