About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Lunar Seven Month

myfs_104892

Hi Master,

I read your reply on buying a car during lunar seven month is not a major problem then how about booking a flat or house during this time ? I always read about propertymarket both new and resales business affected during this period so why are people avoiding this period although they don't move into the house during seventh month.

Thanks

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear David,

The idea behind the 7th month is that when we TAKE POSESSION of a home, some fear that during the seven months, spirits may wonder into our new home.

Just last year, I believe, there was an article in the Straits Times, Singapore that says that some developers were even launching new developments during the seven month.

It would be rather silly to say that when we sign an option to purchase a home, the ghost would follow us to sign the agreement?

Does this make sense or it is a silly notion?

Why are we so afraid of doings things in the 7th month?

If the whole world is afraid of the 7th month then:

1. No one wants to travel e.g. fly.
2. No one wants to "play" go on vacation etc...
3. No one wants to work?

There is a difference between signing an agreement e.g. booking an apartment vs at least the notion that when we just moved-in, into e.g. an empty home, some people may perhaps fear that some wondering ghosts could be staying in the home. And thus want to avoid disturbing it etc...

Anyway, these are simply man or (Chinese person's fears). Imagine what would it be like since the world does not always follow the Chinese perception of the hungry ghosts. Certainly Muslims, Christians and Catholics and other religions do not even think about this period.

Actually, for the Chinese 7th month, the most important day is the 7th day of the 7th lunar month. While some pray during the 1st of the 7th month (tonite -- 16 August) and the 15th lunar month.

As mentioned in my earlier message, there is no harm in booking say a vehicle during the 7th month. In fact, factually, I am going to collect my new vehicle during the 1st week of September or earlier than 13 September 2004 - the last day of the 7th month.

If everyone is so scared of the 7th month, better to stay at home. Or take the opportunity to create nuisance in our world and get jailed during this period -- erh to feel safe? Do we want to do so?

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 8/16/2004 4:57:56 AM, Anonymous wrote:

Hi Master,

I read your reply on buying a

car during lunar seven month

is not a major problem then

how about booking a flat or

house during this time ? I

always read about

propertymarket both new

and resales business affected