About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Home Improvement: Need to fix your house without breaking the bank? Here are some Feng Shui home solutions to help bring positive change.

• Staff

Home Improvement

Need to fix your house without breaking the bank?

Here are some Feng Shui home solutions to help bring positive change.

Nothing beats moving into a new home. There is the excitement of shopping for furniture as well as the anticipation of spending the next phase of your life in a spanking environment. To make your abode a sanctuary where yon can be happy and fulfilled requires more than just a good decorator. By using feng shui, you can bring out the positive effects of your abode through organization of space, positioning of furniture, display of art and use of flowing lines.

Cecil Lee, Principal Consultant and Founder of GEOMANCY.NET: Center for Applied Feng Shui Research offers simple solutions to these scenarios:

What should I do about the beams above my bed? Add two bamboo flutes on either end of the ceiling or consfruct a quarter shaped ‘flower’ cornice to hold up the ceiling.

Are false ceilings and double-decker beds considered variations of beams over people sleeping below them? A false ceiling is not the same as a beam because firstly, the material is not made of concrete and secondly, it is usually of a wider area.

As for double-decker beds, if you look carefully; the entire surface of the upper bed is flat and not concentrated like a beam. For years, many people have slept in double-decker beds and have not suffered any ill effects!

My child’s bedroom doubles up as his study. Does the presence of open shelves mean there is too much “sha chi”? Weigh the balance between the convenience of easily accessible books against the “difficulty” in finding one’s (books) resources. It is advisable for the child to have a proper study tabic with stationery and other materials at hand. What is important for a child’s bedroom is to have a proper balance of yin (rest/sleep) and yang (study). Since many children do not have the luxury of separate bedrooms and studies, it is good to have their own study area in a corner of the bedroom.

There is a great deal of cross ventilation in my flat making it very windy, is it true that too much wind can blow good chi out of the window? Contrary to popular belief, in addition to the placement of furniture, it is advantageous to have wind coming into die home from as many directions as possible. This helps to circulate stale chi and improve the airflow in the home. At times, when there is too much cross ventilation, ideally, one can close certain windows to reduce this effect.

How do I brighten up my dull bathroom without having to do a major renovation? By all means, go ahead and brighten it up with sticker tiles or other decorative items for bathrooms such as themed artwork or floral designs. There is also no harm if one chose to place fresh flowers in the toilet!

My windows open out to a power station, what should I do to counter this? In Singapore, a power station is often in the form of a rectangular building. For condominiums, it is usually separated by a service road. If one stands at the window looking out, and the view of the power station does not “slice” or “cut-into” one’s home, then there is really no issue here.

However for those who want to play safe, you can look into placing a set of blinds at the window which can let in light and ah. Alternatively; a reflective sun-x film can also be used.

The previous occupants had an indoor water feature. Should I have it removed? The basis of feng shui revolves around the Five Elements, namely water, wood, lire, earth and metal, which arc considered the building blocks of life. They interact, shape and stimulate our daily life. Thus if one wants to keep the water feature, it should ideally' have all the five elements in it.

Generally speaking, it is riot advisable for a person, who’s Ba Zi (Pillars of destiny') is a weak fire element, to own a water feature since llie water element can destroy or diminish his weak fire. On the oilier hand, a weak water person can benefit from a water position.

There is no magic involved in feng shui and no quick-fix feng shui solutions. Tn order to reap the most benefits, one should consult a professional master to do a proper reading.

Source & Credit: See Next Thread (Below)

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Sponsored Link