About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Best direction and Luck Pillar conflict

myfs_105946

Hi,

My good directions are N, E and SE and the best direction is South. Ok, so then in my lucky pillar explanation says that

"This period falls under the Spring season. Favouring East directional luck period, which happens to be the Wood element. As you are a Weak Water, this is inauspicious for you as it exhausts your main element Water.
Suggested Prevention:
You should still try to help your Weak Water with Metal."

So my best working directionis East, but since I?m weak water that is inauspicious...?

If I help this with metal, should I face to west, which is my bad direction...?

(Am I mixing up two different things here?)

I?m very confused. Please help me out.

Best wishes,

- JH

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Jarno,

There are two concepts here which you need to get it clear:-

1. Eight House

In terms of concepts, the best concept to apply in a micro environment (ie selection of suitable bedroom), we find that the Eight House concept where 4 good and 4 bad directions are used. This is a concept based on YEAR of birth. Even though, this is so, this is a simple yet effective method. But this will give a slight conflict to the Ba Zi in some cases.

2. Ba Zi

Ba Zi uses the day, month, year of birth and even hour of birth, so is able to give you a better analysis. However, it also has its limitation in terms of direction. The direction factor in the ba zi is better used in terms of suitability of a house facing element, which means say a weak water person, North facing house will be considered an Water element house, thus in terms of ba zi suitability this is better.

Also, in Ba Zi direction of Travel which is a macro factor, will be suitable to use this as the suitable direction of travel or migration etc. So in terms of ba zi the use of the direction is better done in a broad scope. While in terms of choosing room, using the Eight House will be more suitable as it does a better job in a micro analysis.

3. So now that you know this difference, you will find that the difference in analysis may be there, but each has it's own use. One for a smaller area of use (Eight House), while ba zi more on a larger area of use.

4. In terms of Ba Zi, in terms of luck analysis, each 10-year, and year luck each have a suitable direction of luck travel which denotes which luck period is favourable to you or not. In such analysis, you must use the ba zi analysis direction where North - Water, South - Fire, East - Wood, West - Metal. This has nothing to do with Eight House, so eight house concept cannot be used here.

5. In terms of bed placement or choosing suitable rooms, as mentioned Eight House is better, so suitable facing direction will be used here.

6. You use ba zi facing directions only in more macro, or to help you determine which element of the house is suitable and we usually use the facing of the house as the element. ie North facing house is Water element.

7. The issue here is to use both concept to find which is common. ie North - Water element favourable to a weak water person, if your Eight House also tells you that North is Favourable eight house direction (ie prosperity), that means North is a good direction under both concepts.

In your case, East is suitable to your Eight House, but under Five Element East is (Wood), which is not so good. So this is least beneficial compared to North.

In our ba zi report, we give you both that analysis, but already help you factor which is used in what. Just remember, ba zi more macro or broad level, while eight house on a micro or small level.

Hope that helps in clarifying this issue.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee

On 9/8/2004 9:58:44 AM, Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

My good directions are N, E

and SE and the best direction

is South. Ok, so then in my

lucky pillar explanation says

that

"This period falls under the

Spring season. Favouring East

directional luck period, which