About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

water feature

myfs_106249

Dear Cecil Lee,

I intend to install a water feature at a corner of the living room. However it is facing the main door. After reading from the message below, then I know that it not a good idea. Can I check with you if I install a water feature like that with the round stone spinning, can it overcome the with problem of wealth flowing out? Cos I heard that as long as the water flowing direction don't face the main door, it should not be a problem.

Thanks.

QuestionQuestionQuestionQuestion

Dear Jeanette,

Yes, it is preferred that a water feature does not face the main entrance.

This is because, this is symbolic of wealth flowing out of the home.

If you intend to install a granite wall feature, try to avoid a highly polished granite or marble wall. Since if it is reflective, it is like a mirror.

Where under Feng Shui, a mirror facing a main door is not favourable since, it is considered as even before 'wealth" or qi comes into the home, it is deflected out of the home.

(Under commonsense approach to Feng Shui, a highly polished granite wall -- is not favourable. Since, once we enter the home, we may --inadvertenly (while in deep thoughts) see an "image" like a stranger in the home.

Where possible, the wall should have matt or dull granite (would be better).

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Jeanette,

A key success factor is to apply Flying Star Feng Shui.

This is because under Flying star Feng Shui, if one can rightly activate the correct locations, this would be beneficial. On the contrary, activating the wrong sectors may bring worse consequence.

For example, under Flying Star, if the water star #8 happens to be in a specific location at the living room, this would be very favourable for wealth.

However, under Period 8, there are three distinctive numbers and their significance under Flying Star:-

#8 = current prosperity. Here, there are two stars : the mountain MS#8 represents relationship/lottery luck; while WS#8 represents water wealth position representing prosperity

#9 = future properity. And this is represented by the fire element. Here, be warned that if say the living room has this #9 (fire wealth element) and one inadvertently place water, here, then one can drown one's "future prosperity".

#1 = future, future prosperity. This number can be activated with water (since this is a water star) to add wealth to the home.

As you can see, Flying star is "exacting" and if used properly can be very good or potent.

However, what you are mentioning has more to do with "guessing-game-feng-shui". Or to the Malays, they will call it "HAN-TUMP" or anyhow "whack" senario.

For a water position, one also has to be extra careful, i.e. if one enters the living room, the water position should preferably not be on the right side of the main door. Else, this is the "flower of romance" or illicit affairs....

The fountain you mentioned, has a ball that represents metal, and it is an acceptable shape.

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 10/25/2004 3:24:30 AM, Anonymous wrote:

Dear Cecil Lee,

I intend to install a water

feature at a corner of the

living room. However it is

facing the main door. After

reading from the message

below, then I know that it not

a good idea. Can I check with

you if I install a water