About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Bedroom and Sleeping in the EAST position

myfs_99074

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Jason,

For a bedroom, we should look at it from the perspective of: "nice-to-have" or "must-(should)-have".

Often, many of our bedrooms are small, and furthermore, there are "restrictions" such as having windows and there is also the bedroom door. Because of all these constraints, there are few if any best positions to place the bed.

More importantly, between the two schools: Shapes and Forms or Compass School (Eight house), the most important consideration is based on Shapes and Forms Feng Shui.

Here, Shapes and Forms Feng Shui should be considred as "must-should-have". While the eight house concept would have to be considered as "nice-to-have".

Often, realistically, once we have already stayed in a specific home, there is not much one can do - since a bedroom is small with some of the above constrains.

Thus, it is most important to go for good Shapes and Forms. As the advantage, here is that furniture arranged in this format is often the "most-comfortable" or logical for the bedroom.

Other contraints include: avoid having the bed-or-our-legs pointing towards the bedroom door. As this is the "dreaded" coffin position. Thus inauspicious.

In Singapore, it is often, not good placing the bed leaning across the windows especially in high rise - especially if some inconsiderate smoker should let go their cigarette butts or ash. and this may fall on-to flammable cotton /pillows or bed sheets. A universal concern is that a child may inadvertently climb onto the bed and if there are no grilles, could fallout of the window(s).

Thus, nice-to-have is not necessarily the end-of-the-world. There are always other areas in the home where one could improve on.

From a Feng Shui perspective, another area is to harmonise the bedroom to the bazi or eight-characters of the person sleeping, there. For example the most common is the use of colours that harmonise to the person i.e. the wall colour, bedsheet or the curtains.

Shift the bed if one must, but not to the extend that any logical person looking into the bed would laugh at the arrangement!

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 12/30/2004 8:30:36 PM, Anonymous wrote:

hi master,

If my bedroom is in the NE,

but the bed is in the East

(death) position .. should I

really shift my bed ?

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net