Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Sign in to follow this  
myfs_100950

Partition at main door

Hello Master Cecil Lee

I read from your forum that a four claws dragon can be display facing a main doorentrance to overlook a sha qi.Sometime few months ago I posted amail by placing shower curtainbecause of our main door diagonally facing our toilet. Finally we observeour main door, dinning table, kitchen door facing directly the main door except toilet door diagonally facing the main door. We decided to place a partition somewhere near to themain door entrance. Do wehvto follow the breadwinner birth element colour (weak water)? Most favourable element colour white/gold. Favourable element colour blue/black/gray.Why can't take theHeavenly Luck colour (Kua 2-earth) yellow. What is the best option to choose the partition and the colour?Which material is good to use wood, metal or glass?Need your advice? Awaiting for your reply. Thank you in advance.

With warmest regards

Sophia Chia

Sponsored Link

Dear Sophia,

1. Dining table in full view of the Main Entrance door

1.1 Commonsense Approach to Feng Shui

Under the commonsense approach to Feng Shui, it is always better not to have the dining table to be in direct full view of the main entrance. For the simple reason that for most people, the dining table could be a "depository" for lots of things such as a loaf of bread, cups, and food waiting to be consumed by various family members.

Here, even if we have a small family, often, food is to be left over for one or the other family members coming back late from school or work.

Thus, for some, the dining table can be "unsightly".

In addition, if one leaves the door open and if one's apartment is at a corridor, neighbours could view our dining table food. Which often, is considered as "a privacy" issue.

2. Symbolism in Feng Shui

It is particularly inauspicious to place "sharp objects" on a dining table. Simple daily use items like forks and butter knives can be considered as poison arrows. If one stands at the main entrance and can see them. This often results in quarrels and disharmony in the family.

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 1/9/2005 6:46:19 PM, Anonymous wrote:

Hello Master Cecil Lee

I read from your forum that a

four claws dragon can be

display facing a main

doorentrance to overlook

a sha qi.Sometime few

months ago I posted

amail by placing shower

curtainbecause of our

main door diagonally facing

our toilet. Finally we

observeour main door,

dinning table, kitchen door

facing directly the main door

except toilet door diagonally

facing the main door. We

decided to place a partition

somewhere near to

themain door entrance.

Do wehvto follow

the breadwinner birth element

colour (weak water)? Most

favourable element colour

white/gold. Favourable element

colour blue/black/gray.Why

can't take

theHeavenly Luck

colour (Kua 2-earth) yellow.

What is the best option to

choose the partition and the

colour?Which material is

good to use wood, metal or

glass?Need

your advice? Awaiting

for your reply. Thank you in

advance.

With warmest regards

Sophia Chia

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Dear Sophia

Part II - Guidelines on a good partition design:-

1. AVOID CIRCULAR DESIGNS ON THE PARTITION

Where possible, the partition should not have circular designs on it. Or a circular fish tank built into it.

Under symbolism in Feng Shui, a circle represents the pot-hole of a ship. For example, opening it could be symbolic of allowing water gushing into a ship sinking it.

2. AVOID THREE VERTICAL WOOD BEAMS

It is best to avoid a partition that has three vertical beams. And even more inauspicious if light box are built into these wooden beams.

This is because this symbolises THREE JOSS STICKs i.e. such as paying respect to the dead.

3. GOODFENG SHUI (RULER) DIMENSIONS

Where possible, use the Feng Shui ruler to get an auspicious length and breath of the dimensions of the partition.

The most auspicious dimensions are in the multiples of 43 cm or 17 inches times (x) a factor of 1, 2, 3 etc...

Thus an auspicious length could be 34 inches etc...

4. AVOID REFLECTIVE GLASS FACING THE MAIN ENTRANCE

If possible, the glass panels are sand blasted or matt facing the main entrance door. We do not want to open the main door and let wealth be reflected out of the home.

5. AVOID SLICING OR CUTTING INTO THE LIVING ROOM SOFA OR THE DINING TABLE

Often, in the design of a partition, we forgot to note that by installing a partition, we could inadvertently have it become a cutting edge that slices into the dining area or table causing a "split".

6. VERTICAL BEAM DESIGN

As mentioned above, three vertical beam design is considered inauspicious. And many like to avoid 2 pieces (separation or divorce) or 4 pieces (in Cantonese dialect - means die). Thus it is favourable to have 5, 6 or 8 pieces instead.

7. SOLID PARTITION?

Is it true that the partition should be entirely "air-tight?".

Well it is not necessary for a partition to be fully "air-tight". It can still have gaps to allow light source to flow thru the other side or can see thru to the other side.

By having some gaps or to use glass or semi-glass panels, it is good to have light pass thru to the other side since, often, by not doing so, areas such as the main door can get extremely dark.

Frankly, there are many other more guidelines, but for now, the above are what I can think off-for-the moment.

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Hi Master Cecil,
I read with interest on the type of partition for the home. I won't be able to hang "bagua" or put anything outside my corridor because of management regulations (the apt is overseas). So I am thinking of putting a partition inside the home to make a foyer since my main door is facing directly the lift entrance. I like some of the partitions very much with auspicious pictures. But 2,3,4 beams are not good. So I am thinking if there are no beams, then it should be fine ?
I attached some photos for your advise. Thank you.