About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

significance and direction of different flowers

user283850

Sponsored Link

• Staff

For this message, I will discuss on the Magnolia and the Peach as these two are more significant than the remaining flowers.
I have touched on Peony in detail in one of the recent messages. If you have not read it, you can always use this forum's SEARCH feature and type in e.g. Peony to find out the specific reply on it.
1. The Peach or "Tao"
This is one of the most important tree or fruit in Chinese culture.
The Peach signifies Longeivty. In a famous Ming novel called : Journey to the West, the monkey SUN broke into the palace garden of the Kun Lun Mountains where this tree stood. He ate most of the peach fruit.
In recent practises, some Chinese place the peach outside the gate of their home during Chinese New Year to drive away evil spirits.
The peach represents the 3rd Month of the Chinese Lunar Calendar.
2. Magnolia
In ancient times. the bud of the Magnolia was used for medicine e.g. for anaemia. The bark was said to have medicinal properties and has been exported all over the world.
The Chinese name for Magnolia is called Ye He Hua or the Flower of Nocturnal Togetherness.
The `test' of a good direction is one where the plant continues to grow and flower. Here, you can in general say that this is an auspicious sign.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 8/13/99 3:40:38 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear cecil,
Can you please tell me the
significance and direction of
the following flowers-
Peony
Fuchsia
Magnolia
Peach flower
Lime Plant