About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

House layout

myfs_112629

Dear Mr. Lee,

Your reply:

"Because your home is considered a landed property, then the facing of the house is dependent on the facing direction of the house itself. As such, your home will still be considered a South facing home. Only for apartments can you make use of the main door entrance as the facing direction. For a landed property, you often take the facing of the entire house as the direction."

My Questions again:

AS it is not my directionand willaffect me of course.

Would appreciate your advise on how to improve my house fengshui. As i've purchased the house and i can't just leave it like that.

I really need your help.

NeutralRachel

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Hi Anon,

Original Quote:
When you said the main door faces the compass direction is regarded as the orientation of the house. What if the actual main door is facing S but wechange the door facing SW, do we call this houes faces SW as the main doornow faces SW? Thanks. Regards, Rachel

In your original e-mail, your question is to ask whether if you change your door facing of the house does it change the house from a South to a South-West. My reply is to tell you ifyour house is a landed property (which I presume it is), then the tilting of thedoor will not change the house to a South-West facing house. This is because for a laneded property you take the facing of the entire house.

Anonymous wrote:
Would appreciate your advise on how to improve my house fengshui. As i've purchased the house and i can't just leave it like that.

I am presuming the house does not fit you based on the eight house? If so, and the house is considered your Spook / Irritation, then it shoudn't be that bad. However, it is Death/ Disaster then of course in the long run you will only get a quantum leap in feng shui if you move to a more suitable house.

The only other thing you can do is like what we have always been advising, find out what are the leaks you have in the home and correct/fix them. An leaks in the home will only add more wealth leak.

After you fixed up the leaks, then consider where you can enhance your wealth sectors to get additional luck improvement from the house itself. In addition, you should find out what elements you belong to and adjust like the colour scheme of the house or enhance your own personal ba zi.

Remember that Feng Shui should be looked at in a wholistic manner. Failing one aspect does not mean that you have bad feng shui. You can still obtain luck from other areas. Only when many feng shui concepts tell you that there are bad influence should you avoid or completely move out to a more suitable house.

There is no perfect home unless you construct your own home from scratch. Most houses will have some flaws here and there. The point is to minimise all flaws so that you can get the maximum luck out of the house.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research

• 2 weeks later...

This is my question. I am planning on buying a tract of land and building a house on it. How do I go about knowing which direction everything should be in, in addition to where to place living room, kitchen, bedrooms (2), etc. ? When I draw up the plans, I want to start out the correct feng shui way before the house is built? What is my next step? Thank you for any assistance.

cheryl

• Staff

Hi Cheryl,

cheryl ludwig wrote:
This is my question. I am planning on buying a tract of land and building a house on it. How do I go about knowing which direction everything should be in, in addition to where to place living room, kitchen, bedrooms (2), etc. ? When I draw up the plans, I want to start out the correct feng shui way before the house is built? What is my next step? Thank you for any assistance.

Unfortunately, each house is unique as such there will not be a single perfect template that you can refer to. The only way you can get a perfectly designed house is to seek a professional home consultation to help you make recommendations on your home so that it suits you and your family. Probably this would be the easiest way as you don't need to worry about the various concepts and how they should be used.

If you wish to do it yourself, then you can make use of the various free tools on our website for exmaple, to check what colours to select for each room using ba zi, or where to place the bedrooms based on your eight house etc. Generally, thesearesome of the tools that most masters will use to help designthe perfect layout for your home.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research