About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Traditional Feng Shui vs Black Hat Sect

myfs_112788

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Edwin,

edwin tay wrote:
I read with interest when you mentioned traditional Feng Shui and the Black Hat Sect. Can you tell us what's the difference between them.

Basically, Traditional Feng Shui practise feng shui through the use of many concepts such as Shapes and Form, Compass Schools (Eight House/Flying Star), Ba Zi, I-Ching etc. They make use many of these tools which helps to personalise a person to the home.

Black Hat Sect practise using static templates (ie South-West is Romance corner for example), so every's Romance activation sector is South-West. Also, a lot of such Black Hat Sect commonly tries to factoring selling products which claims to be able to create wealth etc. So their concepts are generally very static, based on like what the practitioner feels will improve the place, clutter with lots of products related practises. Using a lot of personal intuition by the feng shui practitioner rather than calculation type model to make recommendations. Something like that kind of nature.

I think if you did a search in the forum or website, you should be able to find more info. What I highlighted are just some of the more generally practises associated with Black Hat Sect Feng Shui.

edwin tay wrote:
Also, what's the difference between the mirco and macro Feng Shui?

Micro feng shui is when the area of analysis is focused into a small area such as within the house or bedroom.

Macro feng shui is where area of analysis is like the plot of land, country or land.

For example, if you take the main door of a house within a building, this is considered micro feng shui analysis of the apartment only. If you take the main door of the building or facing of the plot of land the building is on, this is macro feng shui where you are analysing the entire building (irregardless of the individual units/apartment).

Macro feng shui is generally about large area of concern such as external shapes and form of the building, while micro is normally deals with a specific area such as the apartment or room only.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research