About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Thank for your reply on Lakeholmz

myfs_112112

Dear Cecil,

Thank for your reply. I wish to know why a dinning room is not suitable to be near to main door. What is there are no others choice it must be near to main door, how we going to solve it? Wil it affect our career as me and my husband is doing sales related to food business?

Waiting for your reply.

Thank a lot. Very Happy

Chong Wee Wei

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Chong Wee Wei wrote:
Thank for your reply. I wish to know why a dinning room is not suitable to be near to main door. What is there are no others choice it must be near to main door, how we going to solve it? Wil it affect our career as me and my husband is doing sales related to food business?

Dear Chong Wee Wei,

There are two senarios, here:

1. Symbolism in Feng Shui

Under symbolism in Feng Shui, it is best to avoid having items such as fork or occasional scissors on the dining table if it can be seen from the main entrance. As this could suggest : issues like quarrels in the home.

In addition, the idea of having a empty rice bowl with a set of chopsticks on the dining table is inauspicious in Feng Shui as it suggest emptiness.

I understand that the above may not be permanent situations or happen all the time.

2. Commonsense approach

Usually, family members may return home at different times of the day, the dinning table is usually cluttered with food and other items. Furthermore, our dining table or food can be seen by "strangers" e.g. or neighours walking past especially for those staying in apartments at common corridor areas.

In some homes one can literally see piles of not only food e.g. bread, newspapers and in some homes, the dining table can look very untidy.

The above are two of the common reasons for not having a dining table facing the main door.

But of course, if one's home does not have any of these issues, then, it is still OK.

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net