About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

compass readings differ UK & JAMAICA

Hi, this is my first time in this forum, and i request someone advise me on the difference that my compass shows at me new home in Jamaica,using a compass from UK, the readings differ. The sun always rises in the East, is that true? therefore would my home facing EAST, be good or bad for me chein person, the only way my compass gives accurate reading is when i look at it upside down,please help me sort out this one......sallyjayne

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Sally,

sally brown wrote:
Hi, this is my first time in this forum, and i request someone advise me on the difference that my compass shows at me new home in Jamaica,using a compass from UK, the readings differ. The sun always rises in the East, is that true? therefore would my home facing EAST, be good or bad for me chein person, the only way my compass gives accurate reading is when i look at it upside down,please help me sort out this one......sallyjayne

You should note that there are different quality of compasses available. The cheaper or smaller compass will not be as accurate most of the time. So far we find that it is best to use a surveyor's compass, these compasses then to have anti-magnetic shielding to prevent any magnetic influence from affecting the final reading.

Some homes or area have high metal structure will often affect the reading taken by normal compass. That is why if you get a ordinary or very small compass, the reading will not be as accurate when taken in an area which has additional magnetic influence affecting the reading.

URL: http://www.geomancy.net/resources/art/art-recommendcompass.htm

Until you get a good quality compass, you will not be able to tell the exact direction. At least not from just basing on the sun rise and set. That is not accurate.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research