About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

office desk

tworocks

My best directions for my desk to face are SW and NE. The way my office is situated, for me to move my desk, it would sit diagonally. However, I thought that anything situated like that would not be good feng shui. What is the best possible thing to do in a situation like this? Thank you in advance.

If I place my desk facing NE, my back is facing the main entrance to my office. However, at the same time, I face the window (in the wall) that people pay me through when picking up trees, which is N-NE. I thought about putting a fountain in the north to help with this. I have decided that, unless I can put a desk diagonally, all the plugs for my computer, phone, etc. are also in the NE. So, should I put something to deflect the electricity? Since my back is to my main entrance, and I see no other way to arrange my office, should I put plants behind me on a table or more water (SE)? Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Cheryl,

cheryl ludwig wrote:
My best directions for my desk to face are SW and NE. The way my office is situated, for me to move my desk, it would sit diagonally. However, I thought that anything situated like that would not be good feng shui. What is the best possible thing to do in a situation like this? Thank you in advance.

It is nice to get everything suitable to your personal feng shui. However, sometimes due to constraints this might not be possible. Especially, for office sitting directionis limited unless you own a room to yourself. Often, most people do not have much choice or flexibility in such changes.

From what you mentioned, the current position would still be most shapes and form friendly position than to change the direction of your desk to your best facing direction. These direction are nice to have and only applicable if it is possible to place them in that direction and still comply to a good shapes and form arrangement. Shapes and form arrangement will have a higher priority than facing direction.

cheryl ludwig wrote:
If I place my desk facing NE, my back is facing the main entrance to my office. However, at the same time, I face the window (in the wall) that people pay me through when picking up trees, which is N-NE. I thought about putting a fountain in the north to help with this. I have decided that, unless I can put a desk diagonally, all the plugs for my computer, phone, etc. are also in the NE. So, should I put something to deflect the electricity? Since my back is to my main entrance, and I see no other way to arrange my office, should I put plants behind me on a table or more water (SE)? Thank you in advance.

It really depends on your job scope as well, if people are going to be visiting you in your office, than it would be more practical and welcoming if you face the door so that you can see the people entering. If you don't need to meet people, then it should still be find if you face the wall. Ultimately, the overall shaps and form would be most important. It is hard for me to try to visualise what from text description. So quite difficult to advise whether it would be appropriate or not.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research