About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Please help: Bed placement near windows

myfs_111656

Master Lee:

Please assist me with the following situation:

My most favorable direction is East. The bedroom I am in is in the east sector with a portion missing.

In order to place my bed pointing in my my favorable direction and diagonal to the door into my bedroom, I have to place my bed in a corner with about haf the bed along the Northeast wall -- where a window sits. My bed will cover a good portion of the window along the Northeast wall.

I have another windowin theSoutheast portion of the room and Iam considering placing a screen to cover the window (where a portion of my headboard will be).

I really don't mind ever opening the window located in the Southeast wall but is it okay to from time to time open the window along the Northeast wall? Do you think that this is a good bed placement?

Thank you for your reply in advance.

Kind regards,

Olivia

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Olivia,

Olivia Kim wrote:
My most favorable direction is East. The bedroom I am in is in the east sector with a portion missing.

Since your bedroom is in the East, at least what it means is that you are staying in the most suitable sector of thehouse for the bedroom. So the bed placement even if it does not face East isn't as important anymore. The more important would be the shapes and form placement of the bed in relation to the rest of the room.

Olivia Kim wrote:
In order to place my bed pointing in my my favorable direction and diagonal to the door into my bedroom, I have to place my bed in a corner with about haf the bed along the Northeast wall -- where a window sits. My bed will cover a good portion of the window along the Northeast wall.

Olivia Kim wrote:
I have another windowin theSoutheast portion of the room and Iam considering placing a screen to cover the window (where a portion of my headboard will be).

Olivia Kim wrote:
I really don't mind ever opening the window located in the Southeast wall but is it okay to from time to time open the window along the Northeast wall? Do you think that this is a good bed placement?

For this, it would be easier to advise you if you have some sketch or layout of the bedroom so that I know where is the entrance missing corner and then can better advise if it is the best placement of the bed.

Having the bed located close to the window isn't the best shapes and form placement. Don't think it is the best placement.I am not sure where to suggest the best placement as I cannot see how the layout of the room is to proposed. Is there another sector where you can place the bed with the headboard anchored to a solid wall instead of the window?

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research

Master Lee,

Since my last correspondance to you, I 've moved my bed where my head will be pointing East when I sleep. I hope the following description provides you a visual of what my room looks like:

[____East____SE wall__________Window(SE/S)____]

[East Wall: Bed closet along part of S wall]

[windowalong E/NE wall.1 ft closet]

of headboard overlaps window

[NE/N wallSWwall]

[N__________NW wall___________________Door (West)]

I've place a wooden screen with pictures covering the window on the East wall. The room actually "feels" better but I want to tap into my best direction.

I would really appreciate your feedback. Thank you.

Kind regards,

Olivia