About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

confused

myfs_91434

Hi,

I have a question about my best directions and my real element.

I am gua3wood therefore my best directions are S,SE,N,E,but here is where I get confused,my real element is strong m?tal,do my best direction stay the same or do they change since metal is in the NW and W directions in the luo pan.I am asking this because my home is in SW3 facing position and was build in period 6.My bedroom is in the N with M5W8B2,is this a good direction for me or should I change room.My bed head is set against the NE wall,and I believe the M3W6B9 .Thank you for taking time to explain!

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Wanama,

Wanama Thefirst wrote:
I have a question about my best directions and my real element.

There are two concepts in feng shui that can be used on direction:-

1. Eight House or suitability is often used on house facing direction andbed / study / work direction. More on smaller scale application.

2. Ba Zi element or direction is often used more on macro application. ie Staying in the Northern part of the Earth, North part of the country, house element direction etc. It is less used on a smaller scale level.

The reason why the two concepts can sometimes have conflicting information is simple. Eight House is based on YEAR of birth, while Ba Zi Element is based on your full date and time of birth. So ba zi will be essentially more accurate. However, you cannot discount the Eight House concept also because it is simple yet have a strong influence over especially suitability issues.

Wanama Thefirst wrote:
I am gua3wood therefore my best directions are S,SE,N,E,but here is where I get confused,my real element is strong m?tal,do my best direction stay the same or do they change since metal is in the NW and W directions in the luo pan.I am asking this because my home is in SW3 facing position and was build in period 6.My bedroom is in the N with M5W8B2,is this a good direction for me or should I change room.My bed head is set against the NE wall,and I believe the M3W6B9 .Thank you for taking time to explain!

Once you understand the above. Then you can better apply the concept.

Ideally, the best direction would be one where both your Eight House and Ba Zi element are both suitable. Where a person is unable to obtain such a direction, then you should always make sure that the house fits your eight house direction and avoid Death or Disaster. Ba Zi suitability can still be improve or corrected but Eight House cannot. As such, it is more important to get a house that must fit your eight house suitability.

So you need to make sure as the breadwinner of the house, the house must suit you based on your Eight House. Which means South (Prosperity), South-East (Longevity), North (Heatlth), East (Excellent).

Then next match your element direction, ie strong Metal, would be Water (North), Wood (East/South-East), Fire (South). In your case, both your eight house and ba zi element are exactly the same.

I am not sure why you worry about the NW/W since your best direction are not NW/W but SW2. Thus your element of the house is Earth element and suitability is Disaster. Not the ideal house for your suitability or and not a good element house foryou as Strong Metal person.

Bedroom for you is North so is suitable for you. Bed position for you is North-East (Irritation). Not favourable sleeping position for you.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research