About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Help reading my BAZI Standard Report

Dear Robert,
I just bought the BAZI standard and i have a few questions.
1. About the 12 year luck analysis. IT shows that for a particular 10 year
period, the element balance change. Does that mean that if my wealth element
is water for example, and in a particular period i have 32%, i have more
wealth? Also, what does it mean when a particular year is , "Luck with you
but Very Bad " or "Luck against you but Good "?
2. I would like to know more about my marriage and whether we're good for
each other. The report only shows "As you are a Strong Earth, this pillar
means that your Self & Spouse provides you the necessary encouragement and
strength." When i looked at my husband's report, his day pillar shows as, "
As you are a Strong Earth, this pillar means that your Self & Spouse is
likely to always find fault with you. " Does that mean that my husband is
good for me, but i am bad for him? DOes this have anything to do with the
fact that we're both STRONG EARTH? How just got married and we seem to get
along very well.
Under his HOuse of Conception, it has, jia-geng - The elements in the
Conception (geng), Year (jia) pillars of the Heavenly Stem clashes.
His Day Pillar is: -earth, (ji), and -earth, (Ram)
My day pillar is: +earth (wu) and +earth (dragon)
My House of Conception is: +earth(wu) and + earth (rat)
HOpe this information is sufficient.
Thank you very much ,
Linda

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Linda,

Quote:
1. About the 12 year luck analysis. IT shows that for a particular 10 year period, the element balance change. Does that mean that if my wealth element is water for example, and in a particular period i have 32%, i have morewealth?

Yes, in a way it means that you will have slightly more wealth opportunities for that period. However, because your five element keeps changing with your environment. Wealth from high percentage from your wealth element isn't as strong or as significant from the additional wealth dieties that is found within that period. The earned or unexpected wealth deities if found in that period is more significant that it is a good wealth year for you.

Quote:
Also, what does it mean when a particular year is , "Luck with you
but Very Bad " or "Luck against you but Good "?

This means that a year has the luck flow with you. So generally you will find that whatever you do, things will generally still favour you. However,because of presence of clashes etc the overall luck will be reduced because the clashes will act as major obstacles for you. Thus, though luck is with you, you will still face a great challenge.

Quote:
2. I would like to know more about my marriage and whether we're good for each other. The report only shows "As you are a Strong Earth, this pillar means that your Self & Spouse provides you the necessary encouragement and strength." When i looked at my husband's report, his day pillar shows as, " As you are a Strong Earth, this pillar means that your Self & Spouse is likely to always find fault with you. " Does that mean that my husband is good for me, but i am bad for him? DOes this have anything to do with thefact that we're both STRONG EARTH? How just got married and we seem to get along very well.

One should always remember that when you do an analysis individually, it does not consider the other parties ba zi thus, it bases on its own ideal of whether the self-spouse pillar favours him or not.

That simply tells you whether generally will your self / spouse pillar be good or bad for you. Also, that refers to both self / spouse. So some portions of the analysis can be telling that your husband may sometimes have his own conflicts to deal with, not just relating to Spouse.

This will change depending on the other party that you meet. In any relationship, it takes two parties to make it work. Thus, ba zi can only give some indications. Whether or not it happens depends more on the both of you.

Base on the element of both of your Strong Earth and Strong Earth. Generally, any element that is similiar ie Earth and Earth then to have a strong affliation to be together. Of course because both of you are Strong, it also means that in order for the relationship to be further enhanced or smoothen it requires Metal as the common binding element. So the more Metal and Wood element in your life, the better the harmony between the two of you.

As mentioned, ba zi etc can only give you an indication. For any relationship to work out will depend on the two of you. ie how much each of you are willing to give and take.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you Mr Lee for your responses. I still dont quite understand how to balance our elements based on the report. For example, my reports says, that i have "12% water, 9% wood, 18% fire, 28% earth, 31% metal" and i am still considered a strong earth. Why is my favorable element metal if i already have 31%? isn't the goal to have about 20% of each element? Also, does that mean that if i am with a partner who is earth, it increases more earth, making my luck unfavorable?

Is it also favorable to be with friends who are favorable to you? like would weak wood or strong water be helpful to me? But should avoid strong fire, etc etc?

Also, i was looking at the luck periods for me and my husband. If in a certain year or 10 year period i have "luck against you" but he has "luck with you", does it affect your luck (help or ruin)?

SOrry if i am asking too many specific questions.

• Staff

Dear Linda,

Quote:
Thank you Mr Lee for your responses. I still dont quite understand how to balance our elements based on the report. For example, my reports says, that i have "12% water, 9% wood, 18% fire, 28% earth, 31% metal" and i am still considered a strong earth. Why is my favorable element metal if i already have 31%? isn't the goal to have about 20% of each element? Also, does that mean that if i am with a partner who is earth, it increases more earth, making my luck unfavorable?

The balance of the five element is meant to allow you to know what elements you have at the time of birth.

The ideal is to have 20% of each element. However, it is not possible for anyone to be able to know how much of each element you have at any point in time. This is simply because there are so many factors in your life that you cannot classify it properly in terms of elements. Thus, there is no way to know what is your actual five element percentage except from your ba zi.

Thus, once you have that percentage it is possible to determine whether you are weak or a strong person. In your case, you are a Strong Earth. Simply because you have more favourable than unfavourable. Thus, under the Strong Earth, it means that generally you have too much Fire and Earth, and lack Metal, Water and Wood. So generally Fire and Earth are elements you want to avoid while Metal, Water and Wood are elements you want to have more of.

The five element percentage should be used in this way. Metal (31%), Water (12%) and Wood (9%). Thus, it means that you should have more Wood, followed by Water and last by Metal. Same goes for the unfavourable element.

Remember, that you need to have some of each element to attain perfect harmony. So a little of each will be good, however too much will not. Thus, the percentage allows you to be able to fine tune which elements you need more or less.

Quote:
Is it also favorable to be with friends who are favorable to you? like would weak wood or strong water be helpful to me? But should avoid strong fire, etc etc?

Generally metal, water, wood person will be good for you. Since different element strength has different suitability to you. Thus, as a Strong Earth, weak Metal or Strong Wood would probably be good for you. weak Fire, or Strong Earthwould probably not be so good for you.

Quote:
Also, i was looking at the luck periods for me and my husband. If in a certain year or 10 year period i have "luck against you" but he has "luck with you", does it affect your luck (help or ruin)?

Individually, each person has different luck period, sometimes luck is good sometimes it is bad.

In feng shui, there is such thing as borrowing luck from others. In cases of husband and wife. Say if the wife does not have a very good luck, but because the husband has, you will sort of enjoy somewhat better luck due to riding on his good fortune. So most of the time, usually the person with lesser luck can benefit from the other with better luck.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research