About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Main Door Vs Main Gate

myfs_114948

Hi,

This apartment on level 4 has a main gate 45 degree away from the main door. The gate is facing East (30 degree)and the main door is North East (75 degree). I am confused and do not know should I take the gate or the door as the frontage?

Kindly advise. Thank you.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Cassy,

Cassy Yeo wrote:
This apartment on level 4 has a main gate 45 degree away from the main door. The gate is facing East (30 degree)and the main door is North East (75 degree). I am confused and do not know should I take the gate or the door as the frontage?

Usuallythe main gate should be taken as the facing direction in such cases. But there also may be special situations that the main door may be better. So all depends on the overall layout of the house.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research

Thank you for your reply.

How can I be sure that the gate or door should be used, espeically one is suitable the other is not? I have provide the layoutof an unit, would this help?I am still looking at the same estatebut this round, looking for 7th floor and below. However, some units are bigger in size and has a backdoor at 30 degree, can I apply the same priniclpe (gate or door) for the bigger size housing?

* Link removed for privacy reasons *

If I continuelooking for the same facingin thisestate, afternoon sun is unavoidable because of the point block structure.Is itok to go ahead?

Thank you for your advice again.

• Staff

Dear Cassy,

Cassy Yeo wrote:
How can I be sure that the gate or door should be used, espeically one is suitable the other is not? I have provide the layoutof an unit, would this help?

Based on the layout plan, the main gate should be used instead of the main door. This because the main door falls within the boundary of the walls which forms the house.

Cassy Yeo wrote:
I am still looking at the same estatebut this round, looking for 7th floor and below. However, some units are bigger in size and has a backdoor at 30 degree, can I apply the same priniclpe (gate or door) for the bigger size housing?

As long as they resembles the one you provided, it should be taking the main gate as the facing direction. However, please note that you should try to make use of the main door rather than backdoor where possible.

Cassy Yeo wrote:
If I continuelooking for the same facingin thisestate, afternoon sun is unavoidable because of the point block structure.Is itok to go ahead?

The afternoon sun is often considered a major sha qi. The heat will retain for many hours causing the home to be hot. I believe Cecil should have explained this to you.

You must weight the overall pros and cons to see what is acceptable to you what and what is not. Since, you are only looking at units within the estate, it will of course limit your ability to be able to find a perfect home. Anyway, there is so such perfect home unless you custom build a home. Soyou just have to see which unit has least overall feng shui leaks which you are able to accept. The rest you can attempt to improve whatever to compensate for the flaws.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research