About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Yin Feng Shui apply to caring for gravesite?

Kieron

Dear Cecil,
I read your book "Applied Feng Shui Made Easy" and noticed that you describe Yang Feng Shui and Yin Feng Shui. My question: in general, is FS traditionally done for gravesites or tombs of deceased ancestors? I ask because I wonder if FS could be applied to caring for gravesites of relatives. By this I mean keeping the space neat and clean, etc. Or is it better to avoid Yin FS altogether?
Thanks.
--Joe

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Joe,
In general, we should consider Yin Feng Shui as having a different "ruleset".
What I mean is that all (or most) books that you purchase are usually based on Yang Feng Shui. Yin rulesets are quite different from Yang Feng Shui. For example, the Feng Shui ruler has a measurement for the living (Yang FS) and a different set of measurement for the dead (Yin FS).
In Yin FS, a FS practioner will usually do a FS assessment of the gravesite. For example, he/she will use a Chinese Luopan. Place it in the middle and even use a long string to get the correct measurements to check the alignment on the Chinese Luopan to ensure that he/she get the right ausicious direction for placement of the coffin.
In the above, you can see that much care need to be taken not only to find the gravesite but also the placement of the coffin.
This is not the end of it. The "horse shoe" grave site need to be constructed including the headstone, decoration etc... based on Yin Feng Shui.
It is good to clear the grass surrounding the gravesite. But what is most important is the inital work carried out by the FS practioner. Cleaning etc.. are secondary to this.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 8/24/99 8:33:41 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Cecil,
I read your book "Applied Feng
Shui Made Easy" and noticed
that you describe Yang Feng
Shui and Yin Feng Shui. My
question: in general, is FS
traditionally done for
gravesites or tombs of
deceased ancestors? I ask