About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Difference between kua and birth element

myfs_109671

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Hock Chuan,

ong hock chuan wrote:
I am a bit confuse between Birth Element and Kua Element because my Kua Element is wood while my Birth element is water.

Kua element or Eight House analysis is based only on YEAR of birth. While ba zi element or Ba Zi (4 Pillars/Pillars of Destiny), calculates from the day, month, year and time of birth (if available).

Eight House is typtically useful for it's suitability check, as even though it is simple it has proven time and again to provide a good suitability check assessment. However, we normally do not use the Kua element as the true birth element as only the YEAR of birth was considered.

True birth element is usually asssessed from the ba zi because each day the element will be different, so even if a year is considered Fire element, but a person can be a weak water/strongwater/weak wood/strongwoodborn in a Fire element year. So since ba zi is more accurate on this analysis, the birth element is always assessed using ba zi rather than Eight House.

So that is why there are differences. Each tool has it's specific purpose and accuracy.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research