About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

How significant are numbers in Feng Shui?

myfs_111656

Dear Mr. Lee,

Would you be kind enough to help me with the following? Myfavorable directions are East, SE and N. I need a garageand the only garage available right now is a garage facing East as I am drivingINTO the garage. By the way, does this mean it is WEST facing? Also, the Garage number is 4. In the U.S. it sounds similar to the chinese pronounciation, is this correct?

Thank you for your reply in advance.

Olivia

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Olivia,

Olivia Kim wrote:
Would you be kind enough to help me with the following? Myfavorable directions are East, SE and N. I need a garageand the only garage available right now is a garage facing East as I am drivingINTO the garage. By the way, does this mean it is WEST facing? Also, the Garage number is 4. In the U.S. it sounds similar to the chinese pronounciation, is this correct?

Generally, a garage isn't really part of a house. So it can be built separately or added on, but the entry or direction of the garage will not replace the facing of the house. So it really does not matter if it is not possible to enter into the garage from a good direction.

Back to your question, facing of the house or garage should be considered from inside the garage looking outwards. That means if your garage faces East, you drive in to the garage West. This is similiar to a house if your hosue face East,whenyou look outwards from the house it should face East. It does not mean it is West facing just because you drive in from the West.

As for the number of the house, how good or bad depends a lot on the individual. Some people have lucky number that is 4, others hate it because it sounds like Death in cantonese. So it really up to the individual. No right or wrong answer for this.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research