About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

confused on house facing

myfs_116604

Hi Mr Robert Lee,

Appreciate yr reply on the abv. as it seems until today, still could not get it right. I am staying in a hdb flat. #05 floor. So I supposed to take the compass direction of the door which I step back two step before reading. It is facing E and when I plot the 3X3 grid the door is located on the SE sector.

Another method is standing in the centre of the house, pointing the compass direction towards the door which read SE which I plot the 3X3 grid and it is still located on the SE sector.

After using the flying star calculator, found the base star is the same except the mountain and the water stars which is different. Pls adv which is correct.

Thks n Rgds

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Teo Choon Seng,

teo choon seng wrote:
Appreciate yr reply on the abv. as it seems until today, still could not get it right. I am staying in a hdb flat. #05 floor. So I supposed to take the compass direction of the door which I step back two step before reading. It is facing E and when I plot the 3X3 grid the door is located on the SE sector.

Generally, if you use this it should be the better chart to use just because taking the facing direction of the door, will ensure that the flying star chart can be applied to even outside of the house (ie exterior layout).

teo choon seng wrote:
Another method is standing in the centre of the house, pointing the compass direction towards the door which read SE which I plot the 3X3 grid and it is still located on the SE sector.

This is not wrong, just that it's scope of application is limited to just the 4 walls of your layout plan. So less flexible in the application.

Basically, your house will be considered as East facing with the main door located in the South-East sector.

teo choon seng wrote:
After using the flying star calculator, found the base star is the same except the mountain and the water stars which is different. Pls adv which is correct.

So just use the chart based on the East facing. The flying star for base star is always the house period that is built. So it will usually be the same unless you are checking two periods (ie period 7 vs period 8). It is the mountain and water star that will be different for different house direction.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research