About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Miniature tea pot

myfs_100950

• 4 weeks later...
Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Sophia,

The most popular items to the buddhists are the 8-treasures.

In the past, under the photos directory, I had posted a temple hanging large posters of the 8 treasures. Besides this, the buddhists believe in 14 other treasures (objects) such as boooks, cups, banana leaf, money....

The closest to tea-pot is a bowl-of-precious things.

Otherwise, or thus, this "tea-pot" giving, in my opinion, can be considered as a "modern invention" or sales/marketing items ..sold...

Frankly, it saying goes "it is the thought that counts!". Thus, it so nice of your friend to give you the 7 minature tea pot. Perhaps, why 7? Hmmm my guess is that there are 7 days in a week, thus it could "symbolise" or the 7 tea-pots, could mean that you may have "tea" all week round? Erh... hope this sounds sensible!

In ancient times, while for the actual drinking of tea; in the Tang dynasty; black tea has a god. And in ancient times if one were to purchase 10 tea pots; a clay figure of the ancient god of tea was given away with this 10 set purchase....

In my opinion, since there are no ill connotations, here, I believe, there is no issue in displaying this gift especially around the dining area or a display shelf.

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Quote:

Sophia Chia wrote:
A friend ofus gave us a gift during Chinese New Year with a frame of 7 miniature tea pot. What does it representsand can it place in the kitchen somewhere at the dinner table.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net