About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Determining period of house

Hi, Cecil. I am a newbie in Flying Star fensghui and I have a problem in determining my house period.

My intermediate 2 1/2 storeys terraced-house house was built in 1997 (Period 7 house) and we bought it from the original owners in 2004. It is facing SW1 and sitting NE. After extensive renovations, we moved in on January 8, 2005.

Renovations included relocating 3 toilets/bathrooms, tearing down and creating some walls in all 3 floors, and extended tha back of house further by 5ft (2 storeys high and additional new 5ft roof added). Completely newly replaced were water piping, all the flooring, ceiling and electrical wiring. All in, I would say about 80% of the house was renovated.

But we didn't change the old roof nor removed roof tiles. The main door position remained the same as before (facing West) but we had the doors adjusted and replaced with new ones with good fengshui measurements.

Is this a Period 7 or8 house?

Hope you can help me. Thank you.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear SF Choe,

Quote:
Renovations included relocating 3 toilets/bathrooms, tearing down and creating some walls in all 3 floors, and extended tha back of house further by 5ft (2 storeys high and additional new 5ft roof added). Completely newly replaced were water piping, all the flooring, ceiling and electrical wiring. All in, I would say about 80% of the house was renovated.

In general, the tearing down and creation of walls is as good as a major renovation as the Qi flow within the house is affected. As such the house will be deemed as a Period 8 house.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research