About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Double Front door

myfs_101942

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Keith,

Actually, this is related to the concept of the "frontage" of the home.

Here, what Feng Shui is most concerned about is the relation of the frontage of the home vs the amount of "openings" at the frontage.

For example, most or all homes will either have door(s); windows or windows cum sliding doors etc...

Under Feng Shui, what is MOST important is that the FRONTAGE of a home should be PROPORTIONATE to the frontage of the home.

For example, if a home as a set of main doors and in addition, there is a row of sliding doors: the situation, here is that if all these doors and sliding windows are opened, it would suggest that if one has marriageable family members in the home e.g. a son etc... they will often not get married.

The solution is not to open all the openings of the home at one go.

In Singapore, it is most common also to find homes with double doors and/or double-equal doors or doors that have one smaller-leaf. Both are equally acceptable! So long as the doors open inwards. (Excluding any grille gates that logically have to open outwards.)

Thus in my opinion, this is not the main concern. But the main concern as mentioned earlier is the proportion of opening at the frontage of the home vs the entire frontage.

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Thank you so much for your reply Cecil.

I wanted to get a clear answer because the front door to a property is one of the most important aspects in feng-shui, and so I now assume that whenver I see a quote saying NEVER build a double door for a main entrance, that is pure nonsense.

Thanks again.