About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Diamond Shape Flat

myfs_90678

Dear masters,

I am staying in HK and most of the flats in HK have "inrregular" shape - diamond shape etc. I have rented a flat - about 8xx sq feet and the door faces the East direction (according to my compass Laughing).

I need your advice. Is there any method to divide these "irregular-shape" flat into 9-sectors or 9-boxes ? I would like to find out where are the bad, auspicious etc. sectors.

Some books recommened to find the center of the flat and draw a few lines that seperate the flat into 9 boxes but in that case, there will be lots of missing corners.

Second problem, according to the material learnt from the Geomency.net, the wealth will leak because when I open the door, I will see the window directly - and the distance between the door and the windows is quite near - due to the "diamond-shape" flat. I couldn't put a screen between the door and the windows because, I have got a sofa bewteen them. Is it possible for me to put some kind of plant at the windows bay instead of a screen ?

Thanking you in advance.

Regards

Ken

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Chin,

Please see attachment. I have drawn for you the centrepoint of your apartment.

K Chin wrote:
I need your advice. Is there any method to divide these "irregular-shape" flat into 9-sectors or 9-boxes ? I would like to find out where are the bad, auspicious etc. sectors.

Actually, the centrepoint of a home or apartment can also be known as the "centre-of-gravity" of a home (apartment).

Thus, if one really is at a loss on how to find the centrepoint:-

Step 1: Photo copy the layout plan.
Step 2: Obtain a cardboard.
Step 3: Paste the photo-copy of the layout plan on the cardboard.
Step 4: Cut-out the outline of the apartment.
Step 5: Get a nail and try to balance the cardboard on it. Usually the point where the cardboard is balanced on the pin is known as the "centre-of-gravity" thus can be considered as the centre-of-the-apartment.

Why not have a curtain at that part of the window box facing the main door.

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

Dear Chin,

For the lay-person, another much easier method is to try to "locate" the largest rectangular shape-of-the diamond apartment where, there is minimum protrusion.

Please check my second method so that you can understand better how to find the centrepoint or "centre-of-gravity" of the apartment.

If one compares my earlier centrepoint and this one, they are very close to each other.

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Dear Master Cecil,

A million thanks for your advice and explanations.

I have another question regarding the same scenario -

i.e. to locate the auspicious and inauspisious sectors of a house / flat.

Attached : Example1.jpg =

A rectangular house - main door facing East sitting on West.

Like you said before, for rectangular house, it will be easier to gather info. and do the calculations. Hence, in example1.jpg, since the bedroom is located at "Five Ghost" sector, something must be done here - e.g. according to some Masters, putting some kind of auspicious Feng Shui items may negate the bad effect.

However, for example2.jpg, i.e. "funny shape or not-rectangular shape" flat or house, like mine, I could come out with 2 possible diagrams - well, I may be wrong though.

Diagram A, more missing corners.

Since there are lots of missing corners, some of the sectors may not cover the flat - e.g. part of the "5 Ghost" sector is missing - which is good I guess because "5 Ghost" is not a good sector.

Diagram B, covers more area.

However, probably the main door "facing" direction may not be East anymore and hence, the calculation may be wrong. So, I am not sure if we can do this.

Please advise.

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Ken

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Master Cecil,

Thank you very much for your advice. I have not much problem getting the "center point" of an apartment.

Next, I would like to consult you as how to divide a flat into 3x3 grid. Wondering if there is any "formula" to draw the grid.

Again, for rectangular flat, it would be quiet straight forward to divide it into 3x3 grid i.e. we will get 9 squares.

For diamond shape flat, there are many posibilities. Attached are the sample. And each possibilty will have different "result" because the position of each square will be different.

Please advise as what are the things that we should bring into consideration when we divide a flat into 3x3 grid.

Again, thank you very much.

Regards,

Ken