About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Sofa - color and size

myfs_90678

Dear Masters,

Since the shape of objects affect the luck, health and wealth of a person or apartment, do the shape and the color of a sofa have any effect on luck orhealth ?

Also, there are only 2 places that I will spend most of my time when I am at home - i.e. bedroom and sofa in the living room.Does that mean, the position of the sofa is kind of important - from the feng shui point of view ? For instance, its location, away from front door ? avoid light beaming onto itetc.

Thank you very much.

Cheers,
Ken

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear K Chin,

K Chin wrote:
Since the shape of objects affect the luck, health and wealth of a person or apartment, do the shape and the color of a sofa have any effect on luck orhealth ?

In general, you have to always rank what is important.

ie. If in a room, then the colour of the room and the key furniture colours will affect the overall feng shui of the room. The other smaller objects will play only a smaller role.

Therefore, generally the colour of the sofa will play the greatest influence for the element of the sofa, followed by the material and the shape of the sofa.

K Chin wrote:
Also, there are only 2 places that I will spend most of my time when I am at home - i.e. bedroom and sofa in the living room.Does that mean, the position of the sofa is kind of important - from the feng shui point of view ? For instance, its location, away from front door ? avoid light beaming onto itetc.

In general, it depends on how many people will using the sofa/bed.

For example, if you are alone, then positioning it in the best direction that fit your own eight house will be good for you. When there are two or more person then using this suitability to find one which fits both person will be harder. Therefore, it is always best to place it based on the best shapes and form arrangement according to the room.

So ideally, you should try to place it where there is no poison arrow from the corner that cuts to where you are sitting, or the sofa should not be under an exposed beam.As there are many other shapes and forms issues, so hard to list every one as each situation is unqiue. But generally, if you avoid this two key flaws and if possible choose the best facing direction when you sit, that would be the most ideal placement.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research