About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

HDB maisonate

myfs_120064

I am staying on the 10flr. Where do I take the reading of the compass direction. Centre of the hse facing the main door and at the centre of the door ( as seen your sample) or the balcony or living roomAs my main door entrance is my dinning area, where else my living are hardly used window are close most of the time and balcony are open and also the dry yard. Is my dinning area a good location ? Why some FS said youcannot sleep in the direction that you are not aware of people coming in ? Is the cooker above the toilet OK ? even I have box up. How to remedy ? How about open shoe rack beside the main door.

Thanks for your kind advise.

Best rgds.

Chong Fu Keong

• 2 weeks later...
Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Chong Fu Keong,

Chong Fu Keong wrote:
I am staying on the 10flr. Where do I take the reading of the compass direction. Centre of the hse facing the main door and at the centre of the door ( as seen your sample) or the balcony or living room

In general, we have come up with some guidelines for the facing direction to make it easy to apply.

For apartments (2nd - 7th level), you take the main door as your house facing. ie standing at the main door looking outwards.

For apartments (8th level and up), you take the facing direction of the living room/balcony. ie stand inside your living room looking outwards.

These two method give you facing direction which allows your flying star to be extended beyond your own home. Taking the main door from the center point is also another method, but that will mean you only assess the qi for the interior of the house only. So each is for different purpose.

So you should just take the facing from the living room/balcony, depending on which has greater among of light entering the house since you are on 10 floor. Mostly it will be living room as that is where most light enters into the house for high floors. For those with a separate living room and balcony, then will need to see the layout plan to be able to confirm.

Chong Fu Keong wrote:
As my main door entrance is my dinning area, where else my living are hardly used window are close most of the time and balcony are open and also the dry yard. Is my dinning area a good location ?

I believe most aparments now-a-days you will either see the dining area or living room once you enter the door. So not a big issue.

As for whether the dining area is good, depends on the flying stars in that sector.

Chong Fu Keong wrote:
Why some FS said youcannot sleep in the direction that you are not aware of people coming in ?

This is becase the reason why most bed should be place where you can see people entering in the room is to be able to react when there is thief entering into the room. Especially, in the past if you have the bed away, when someone wants to enter to assinate you, you will be able to see him coming to be able to react. At least this was how this theory was used for. In any case, this is still good to follow even in modern layout.

Chong Fu Keong wrote:
Is the cooker above the toilet OK ? even I have box up. How to remedy ? How about open shoe rack beside the main door.

Don't get what you mean here a cooker above the toilet? You mean you put a cooker in the toilet? I mean a toilet is deemed to have most germs in the house, so why would you want to put a cooker in the toilet?

As for the open shoe rack, it is ok as long as it is looks need any tidy. I mean there must be some place to organise the shoe. So it is fine even if it is open. However, to look nice and tidy, it is best that it is a covered shoe rack if possible. Of course, for frequently used shoes, it is fine to have some opened shoe rack for those.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research