About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Dear Master Lee

If I was born in Melbourne, Australia at 10am (in December), do I need to change the time to Singapore/China time when I am calculating my BaZhi?

There is also daylight saving in Melbourne to take into account. December is summer here which is 3 hours behind Singapore. In that case must I convert 10am to 7am when I am calculating the four pillars?

Thank you for your time!

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,

Anonymous wrote:
If I was born in Melbourne, Australia at 10am (in December), do I need to change the time to Singapore/China time when I am calculating my BaZhi?

Anonymous wrote:
There is also daylight saving in Melbourne to take into account. December is summer here which is 3 hours behind Singapore. In that case must I convert 10am to 7am when I am calculating the four pillars?

It is best you use your default local time. Do not make any conversions using the GMT standard.

The reaons why this is so, is because:-

1. GMT timezones are very much simplified now-a-days, so frankly using GMT to subtract the timezone does not really give you the true location factor. It only influence one factor of the long. and lat. of birth.

2. Location Factor - In fact, if you really want to apply the location factor, one must logically use the actual long. and lat. of your birth place. However, even this is very flawed or will result in less accurate analysis if the information is 1 degree off. I mean realistically, how many people actually record the exact long. and lat. of when you are born? Even if you know the hospital that you are born, that does not really tell you the exact location within the hospital room that you are born. So the accuracy of such information will directly impact whether your ba zi analysis will be accurate or not. 1 degree off either the long. or lat. will give you an entirely different analysis.

3. The Ba Zi was designed in such a way that even if you do not have the hour of birth, the analysis can still be fairly accurate. This is because the luck forecast is determined by the Month pillar and Year pillar. So the hour really have little impact on that except to be able to better determine if you are a weak or strong character, and the exact balance of element percentage for you to fine tune your luck.

So because of these key reasons, we do not encourage anyone to apply any GMT timezone differences, but just use the local timezone for generating reports on our website.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research

Thank you Master Lee for your helpful and very detailed comments whichcleared much of my doubts!

If you ever see this reply again, may I know if you have a location in Singapore where you offer paid service for4 Pillars analysis? I find you and your website very professional and extremely informative and would like to learn more about this.

Xie Xie once again!