About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Placement of Menu light box

My new drink outlet (partnership) is scheduled for opening on 20 Aug 06. Its almost square in shape (a bit deeper in though) with a platform table (to place drinks for customers to take) covering the whole length of.the frontage. A swinging door can be opened on the right side of the platform table. Our company's name & logo signboard is placed on the wall right on top of the frontage.

I intend to place 2 thin menu light boxes (similar totwo 24" LCD monitors) hanging down from the frontage ceiling, lowered to just above a normal person's head.There is a gap (about 10cm) between the menu light boxes. So the staffs will be standing behind the menu.

Is this placement bad? Or should I stick to a menu similar to that of KFC or Macdonalds?

Also, should I place the cash register in the middle or against the left wall (which is not the same side as the swinging door)?

Thanks!

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,

1. If possible, you can follow the sample format, attached. For a signage, it is best to go for length i.e. odd number and for the width even numbers.

As odd number represent yang while even number represents yin. Thus such a signage is considered, balanced i.e. yin and yang in harmony.

For example if you use cm, then length can be89cm while width can be 42 cm. Alternatively if you use inches then lenght can be59 inches while width can be 28 inches etc..

Quote:
Anonymous wrote:
I intend to place 2 thin menu light boxes (similar totwo 24" LCD monitors) hanging down from the frontage ceiling, lowered to just above a normal person's head.There is a gap (about 10cm) between the menu light boxes. So the staffs will be standing behind the menu.

From what I can see, there is no major issues with such a light box. In fact, in my opinion, it seems quite a good idea.

When you mention that the staffs will be standing behind the menu, do you mean that literally, the staff standing below each menu will serve that specific food? Or both can serve the combined set of both menu food? This is the only sticking point that perhapsmay lead to confusion if you do not intend to serve different food. And perhaps a KFC type of menu could be better, here?

Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
Also, should I place the cash register in the middle or against the left wall (which is not the same side as the swinging door)?

As for the cash register, usually a Feng Shui assessment can often determine the best location for it. However, in your case, it is best to check the operational work-flow.

Whether the cash register is in the middle (operational ease?) or security? (against the left wall) is best to be decided as mentioned on the work flow of how your staff are going to serve/ operate.

Best of luck!

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net