About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

How to use Compass correctly

myfs_123395

Dear Master,
I am enjoy reading you replied to other from your website. I have few questions
and hope that you could please help me clear them.
1.When stand infront of the main door and the Compass shows as SE but only over 10 degrees to SE do you consider it as SE or South (because each flying star is 45 degrees)? Also, how many degree should it be counted for another sector?
2.If the staircase face the front door but the last 3 steps turn over to the living is that still a bad staircase and should not buy house with this location?
3.The breadwinner is the husband or can it be the wife too?
Thank you very much for you advise Master. I am truely appreciated it.
Kind Regards,
Linda

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Linda,

1. When using a compass, one has to be exact and plot the exact compass direction into one of the 15 degrees of the Flying Star chart.

2. Often, we may have to take readings out-side of the home to avoid any metallic disturbance e.g. high tensile steel embedded in the concrete structure of the home.

3. Sorry, I don't quite understand your question. "the Compass shows as SE but only over 10 degrees to SE do you consider it as SE or South "

4. As mentioned under Para 1 and 2, above, for SE facing homes:

SE1 = 112.5 degrees to 127.4 degrees (120 degrees)
SE2 = 127.5 degrees to 142.4 degrees (135 degrees)
SE3 = 142.5 degrees to 157.4 degrees (150 degrees)

5. Thus, if you have taken a proper reading your compass will fall into one of the above SE1, SE2 or SE3 sectors.

6. Another method, that I like to highlight to all users is that if you do own a Street-directory of your area / city or country, you can always find the exact compass direction. This is because, most or all street directory maps would always have the "top" as North.

7. For example, please click the attachment. I have provided a sample address e.g. Block 10 Haig Road, Singapore. (Source & Credit has been clearly acknowledged under the attachment)

8. Try to invest in a protractor and see the sample attachment on how I have determined the "facing" direction of this apartment as 340 degrees.

9. For the staircase turning the last three steps, this is very common even in Singapore! Some owners have built a partition wall to "shield" the sight of the staircase.

10. Traditionally, the breadwinner is often the "male" breadwinner even if both partners contribute equally. But if the male is a homemaker, then in modern times; the lady becomes the breadwinner. Thus we have to see each case or situation as not all cases are identical.

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Quote:

Linda Branton wrote:
Dear Master,

I am enjoy reading you replied to other from your website. I have few questions
and hope that you could please help me clear them.

1.When stand infront of the main door and the Compass shows as SE but only over 10 degrees to SE do you consider it as SE or South (because each flying star is 45 degrees)? Also, how many degree should it be counted for another sector?

2.If the staircase face the front door but the last 3 steps turn over to the living is that still a bad staircase and should not buy house with this location?

3.The breadwinner is the husband or can it be the wife too?

Thank you very much for you advise Master. I am truely appreciated it.

Kind Regards,

Linda

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• 13 years later...