About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Mirror above stovetop?

myfs_122972

Sirs, I've had a mirror on the wall above our stovetop for a couple of years now. The stove is against a wall that leaves the stove user with his/her back to the kitchen entrance, and I had heard it was advisable to place a mirror there for the cook to be able to see the entrance. Also, I heard reflecting the burners (in effect doubling them) was good for wealth. Now, I was told that a mirror placed above the stovetop could be bad for members of my family- children especially. Shall I remove the mirror from above the stovetop? Thank you.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,

Yes, some Feng Shui books often indicate that when we cook, we should be able to see who is coming into the kitchen. This is a commonsense approach:

1. Not often, we will leave the entrance door open. But, sometimes, when we cook, the noise may drown e.g. a bell or someone calling us at the main entrance. Especially so if it is any of our loved ones ... especially the very young children who may have just came back from school.

2. Should someone have left the entrance door open, we may see "an intruder" come in ..eg towards us.. (Most unlikely.. but this is what some of the book(s) say...

Frankly, most of the time Para 1 and 2 does not happen. As often, we roughly know when our child is coming back; and we may infact.. be waiting, instead at the front door.

Ideally, when we stand at the main entrance door, we should try to avoid seeing the stove directly. As it is akin to symbollically "getting"burned when we,just stepped into the home. Therefore, it is better not to hang a mirror; if we can.

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net