About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Door opening procedure

myfs_129706

Dear Cecil/Robert,

I will be getting the keys to my new flat directly from HDB next week. I was reading the door opening procedure from this link: http://www.geomancy.net/consultation/consult-home/gettingkeys.pdf

Since I'm getting the keys from HDB office, there's no facilitator. Is there another way to do the procedure? Also, because it's a completely new flat, there's no stove yet. Do I wait for renovation to complete before I carry out this procedure?

Lastly, is it ok to enter the unit first without doing the door opening ceremony? What are the negative consequences for doing so, if any?

Thank you!

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Aaron,

Aaron Ng wrote:
I will be getting the keys to my new flat directly from HDB next week. I was reading the door opening procedure from this link: http://www.geomancy.net/consultation/consult-home/gettingkeys.pdf

Hope my reply isn't too late. As we had a very busy period, so much so that didn't really see your post until today.

Aaron Ng wrote:
Since I'm getting the keys from HDB office, there's no facilitator. Is there another way to do the procedure? Also, because it's a completely new flat, there's no stove yet. Do I wait for renovation to complete before I carry out this procedure?

If there is no facilitator, you can do it yourself.

The initial door opening is just a procedure to attempt to seed luck into the house. As long as you choose a good date, you can proceed to carry out the procedure.

This procedure is just like the move-in, start of renovation etc. All are procedures just to attempt to bring better luck and minimise any bad influence from happening. That is about all.

Aaron Ng wrote:
Lastly, is it ok to enter the unit first without doing the door opening ceremony? What are the negative consequences for doing so, if any?

As mentioned above, these are just procedures that are supposed to welcome good luck and get rid of bad luck. They are optional procedures actually. So even if you do not do one or another it won't really bring about bad influence. So no need to worry. If you miss the initial opening, then at least try to make sure you perform the move-in before you actually move your furniture into the house. Or at least if you did select the auspicious dates, it will also be good enough. Here is a link to find auspicious dates if you need to:-

URL: http://date.geomancy.net

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research